Anybody ridden Cwmcarn ?

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The daughter fancies a go at the Twrch trail, I've been sent a youtube link, but it's over a year old and a lot can change.

Anyone ridden at Cwmcarn?
What's it like?
Retro useable?

Thanks.

I've ridden it.

I found it fairly rough but good fun on a hardtail.

The trail starts with a long technical climb which takes about 45 minutes.

Then you desend(fast) back down to the carpark.

Retro would be ok, suspension forks or fat tyres would be a bonus.

Cool.

All my bikes are hardtail, but both my daughter and I have retro's with suspension forks, albeit with only 60 to 80 mm travel.

I'll have to keep an eye on the weather forecast, as I really don't fancy climbing and descending in the bed of a stream :roll:

I have done it in 1hr 10min on a rigid, you just need to give your wrists a rest before the next lap ;)

I holds up well in the wet and is perfectly ridable when it is hoofing it down as long as you dont mind the rain.

retrobate":gk5fyjrn said:
perfectly ridable when it is hoofing it down as long as you dont mind the rain.

Just as well with the kind of weather we have been 'enjoying' lately.

It may be just the place to give the newly completed DB a decent try out ;)

I've ridden it on a to hard tail 100mm SIDS up front, my wrists were knackard by the end.

I done cwmcarn quite a bit, its alot smoother on the downhill than it used to be so will be alright for a retro hardtail. The last section is fun fun fun!

I've ridden there also, remember it being one long climb with a great section at the top to play on. I descended the downhill course so couldn't tell you what the XC route down is like, but like most places you can ride retro anywhere be it slower

Thanks for the updates, we've not managed to get over there yet, but with half term hols on the way, there may be an opportunity.

Riden it twice on a retro hard tail. Both times the bike shook itself to pieces. But that has inspired a full rebuild and bought me to this site, so not too unhappy.

Back