Mirror polishing, what do we think?

sletti":1qfdvr3i said:
Robbied196":1qfdvr3i said:
Keeps us out of trouble hey?

Better to be guilty of buffing some 70's capag seatpost, than being found buffing one's secretary... :twisted:

Can't think who you could possibly mean....

john-prescott.jpg

;)

David

looking forward to seeing your highly polished new steed then!!!

tarloone":2fwwyfar said:
Although I'm biased, I think it looks massively more pleasing to the eye than dulled, scratched and scuffed parts, and on the right day...the effect is just stunning.

Ian Raleigh":1wedi0wv said:
I'm not surprised no one hasn't put up any of their polishing to wind up the OP

My newly polished Chorus cranks...Off to attack my C Records!!
:twisted:

Attachments

• DSC012151.JPG
    DSC012151.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 282
tarloone":3b2aro0j said:
My newly polished Chorus cranks...Off to attack my C Records!! :twisted:
I'm glad someone has jumped on the band wagon :LOL: Here's my Campag' chainset I did, no machine tools used other than my arm muscles....

163051_1757612147988_1469541083_31905683_6677249_n.jpg

In most cases, during the process they'll start to look far far worse before starting to look better...be warned :shock:

I dumped a chainring into some oven cleaner and forgot all about it, that was until the next morning :roll: It had a thick black hard layer on it and was a cow to remove.

Ian Raleigh":3848mao5 said:
I dumped a chainring into some oven cleaner and forgot all about it, that was until the next morning :roll: It had a thick black hard layer on it and was a cow to remove.

:roll:

Only joking! Its funny but I often really wonder just how many classic old parts have ended up completely ruined beyond repair or future use just because someone like us has decided to go about a innocent yet misguided 'refurb' session!

I can tell you, those Chorus cranks (and myself) were in a dark, lonely and frankly rather nasty place during the initial sanding part of the refurb...coming out the other shiny side was a welcome relief.

Back