PDM Concorde Astore

we used to sell those and the squadra team frames which were built in SLX tubing. the astore although looking more or less identical to the squadra, was a bit of a tank!!

:shock:

rusty bodie":4qiqf2eq said:
the astore although looking more or less identical to the squadra, was a bit of a tank!!

:shock:

Awww, that's not very nice. I like my Astore.

Although I have only managed a short shake down ride before the snow, it rode very well and felt lighter than its 9kgs weight.

My frame came from Plum in Ghent.

sorry, it's the teen bike snob that still lurks in my soul!!

wasn't the astore columbus aelle tubing? the finish on both frames was to a very high standard but the squadra was a lot lighter than the astore hence my preference for the latter.

:cool:

Yes, the Astore is Aelle tubing, in my case Aelle R, so a tiny bit lighter.

You're right of course, the Squadra is the real race horse of the range, and very foolishly I decided to watch one in my size on ebay recently. Someone, more sensible than me, cut a deal and the next thing I knew the auction had ended (five days early).

Having just built my Astore up, I can say that the easiest way to lose major weight would be to find a lighter fork. But once built, it does feel like a pretty balanced package.

Mine is finished in the American team colours, which was part of the appeal, and is built up with all modern components, as it is to be a regular ride, once we get some dry weather.

I'm very pleased with my Astore, and as a first venture into the world of 80's European frames, it's been a pretty safe undertaking, rather than risking a higher priced 'name', only to find I've bought a pup.

Back