Does it matter to you if your partner is more intelligent?

Re: Does it matter to you if your partner is more intelligen

Retro Cat":jzwop3mu said:
Does it matter to you if your partner is more intelligent?

ask the wife............. :LOL:

but then our friends say she is far more tolerent and has the heart of a saint...........

Intelligence, per se, is impossible to quantify, even using the intelligence quotient scale. This system is only really designed to quantify it with a number, but it is flawed as a system..

I'm intelligent in some aspects, and my missus in others.. Where I lack, she smooths the gaps and vice-versa, it's just part of life, and for us it seems to work well. Don't think either of us are arrogant enough to think either is more clever than t'other..

Both al and Jamesm illustrate my point well.

Al, maybe unqualified but you hardly come across as someone with no intelligence. Whilst James is an brings us a potential Darwin winner who has managed to obtain paperwork.

I had an IQ of 142 last time I looked.

My wife has a benign cyst in her head the size of a tangerine and the memory of a sieve.

Her social intelligence skills and practical mindset far outweigh mine however. And she also has a very nice bum.

So intelligence isn't really one of those things I value particularly highly.

I tend to view intelligence as fluid, needing a context.

One of my mates keeps getting described as intelligent by other people, but in reality he spends time quoting scientific articles that he barely understands.

My wife is a very bright cookie. I could not imagine being partnered to someone I viewed as less intelligent.

The fact she married me does count against her though.

I have three ex-wives who would probably tell you I'm too much in love with myself to give a f*ck...

...so I'm perfect, and? :LOL:

corsarob":lk7se84h said:
nah,i defo say i`m the smarter one,but as the saying goes "every dog has its day",but if any of you ever meet her,dont tell her i said that,she a red head with a wicked temper,thats why i`m still onhere,because i`m on the couch again tonight,and we have only been married 18 months. :roll: :roll:

I hope you are kidding.

It is a myth that the years go by and relationships get boring. Things get much better with time.

Or they end!

Go and talk to her.

Take an origami rose you made from a napkin covered in glitter.

I put my wife through college, Degree, then PHD. She is now a Lecturer, teaching Degree, Masters and PHD (supervisor).

Academically, she is the most intelligent in the house by a country mile.

I have little in the way of qualifications.

Doesn't bother me. :roll:

She can't wire a plug. Define intelligent?

Latest posts

Back