Ravenscar Railway Ride*****Postponed*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ride was cancelled last week in Lincolnshire so I'm riding this weekend even if I have to attach a bloody snowplow to the front of the bike!

Hi chaps

I've been on a recce today and the route is ok, just a bit of snow at Ravenscar.

Its the weather front that's coming which is the problem, if its as bad as the forecast then we'll postpone the ride for a few weeks.

Off to discuss this now so

Watch this space........

we are going to monitor things for the next 24h. the route may be passable but, the road network may cock things up for us all. remember the climb up from the chippy!? ;)

The situation will clearer to judge by tomorrow afternoon i reckon. enough notice either way for yay or nay.

The A64 is a very average type of carriage way as it is.

anyone having to use garrowby hill? :eek:

Little suggestion , if we all give our mobile numbers out to say Vern he can then make the decision and send 1 multiple text to everybody either late Fri night or early Sat am , I'll be getting up about 7 to get ready and set off about 8 and I know Stu will be setting off earlier, as long as I get a txt either before or just after I've set off then I'm happy to run to the wire.
If the forecast is pretty much certain as diabolical on Fri night then a decision can be made then.
Matthew
Currently a smug bastard that doesn't posess a 2wd car. ;)

Dam weather I hope we get off lightly with this snow, I have been looking forward to using the van and riding the Marin and let's not forget the fish and chips :(

Well mine says snow forecast today, here and Scarborough and it never came!

Also says low of -7c tonight but still clear and 0c so I don't trust forecasts as much as local knowledge....ie looking out the window :LOL:

Yeah the forecast has been way off here all week, I was going to get Ben to take the Staxton hill route so we could stop at Mcdonalds but we might be better heading up the Bridlington to Scarborough road now as its not hilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back