The original amber wall tyres thread

I ordered the Dart, and will order the Smoke when it's in.

They've been out of stock for about a month. They say it's ordered. Depending on how often they order, and assuming this comes via ocean freight, they could be in soon, or it could be the spring. I say that because if they only order once per season, then that's a soon as it will be. However, if they order monthly, it takes about a month for the ship to get there.

I have ordered 2 sets of smoke/dart tyres at 6 month intervals from Bikediscount.de over the last 12 months, so it seems that they must re-stock more than once a season as they were out of stock shortly after I ordered the first set.

I have the same problem, do I splash out on some £100 NOS tyres or go for the modern charge splashbacks , I'm leaning more towards the modern tyre as I want to use the bike once its built, all the other parts will be period but if you can get a modern tyre that looks the part then why not ? If its going to be a garage queen then go NOS but as I have plans for it I think it will be the splashbacks.

I've had word back from the importers and I need to order 500 of each tyre, they are going to come back with a price and when they can supply. So I'll keep you posted.

I've got tons of NOS skin wall tyres in what I lovingly refer to as the tyre pile.

I've got a pair of wildgripers in each colour apart from the elusive cream
IRC Mythos and notos Panaracer magics and a pair of their very first MTB tyres can't remember what they're called diamond shape knobbly bits onza aggros and rails and some maxxis instincts possibly a few more.

I had the retro bike bug bad from the day I bought my first proper bike in the early 90's then about 6 years ago I set out to find all the bits I loved from the 90's to build my ultimate bike and along the way I bought every cool NOS part I found, I've now moved onto restoring and customising old VW's so I'm going to sell it all off to fund my sccoby powered camper so if you need any skin wall tyres give me a shout.

27072010076.jpg

Staf.

dicoverybmw":19r8zgjb said:
I have ordered 2 sets of smoke/dart tyres at 6 month intervals from Bike-discount.de over the last 12 months, so it seems that they must re-stock more than once a season as they were out of stock shortly after I ordered the first set.

I gave them a phone call yesterday. Panaracer Smoke Classic will be in stock again in the end of february.

Back