Pair of '96 Control Tech Team Issue bikes

zygote2k

Dirt Disciple
I've been riding these for a while now and they're impressive. I'm 6' 5" and 260-300# and these bikes can handle the abuse that only a gorilla like me can dish out.
Both of these bikes are only off by 1 serial number- missing the middle for a trio. There were less than 100 of these ever made although Schwinn Homegrown and Ibis Szazbo shared designs and all 3 were made by John Castellano.

Black bike- Team Issue with original ControlTech V-brakes front and rear, original ControlTech seatpost, original XT rear derailleur, original Fox Alps 5r shock, original XT controls, and a mix of the rest. I use this as my road bike.
DSC09968.JPG.html

Silver bike- Team Issue with same shock, set up as Single Speed. Paul Word rear hub, XTR rear V- brakes, Truvativ crankset, Thompson seatpost, Minute airshock with Juicy disc on DT N'duro front. Moots stem, Crowbar. Franken-bike all around.
img]

There were less than 100 of these ever made

I bought one back in the day here in Japan... I think a few ended up in Japan. My wife made me send send the frame to the recyclier when I moved.. 8 or 9 years ago. :cry:

Back