ebay-best yet

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Brought some 700c disc wheels through the bay for a quick needed build !!

they arrived tonight wooo hooo ... Opened them up !!

26" mountain bike wheels :roll: :twisted:

best bit I emailed the seller to see whats going on and how to return them. his reply

"Sorry I should of checked" :shock: :shock:

Out of interest he has said he will refund when he receives the wheels back which is fair enough but who foots the bill? Dont really see why I should pay for a pretty nobber error :?

I got caught out on this..buyer pays return postage but..it might be worth asking him at least for half considering the fault was theirs

I'd report him to the grammar police for putting 'of' instead of 'have'

And then get him to pay the return costs.

Call eBay Customer Service and tell them what happened. If you corresponded with the seller via eBay Messages, then Customer Service personnel can see what was said and hence who was at fault. Even if you used regular email, the fact remains that you received the wrong item. Not your fault.

If they say that buyer should pay, then ask them to make an exception in your case in light of the fact that it was seller's mistake. The worst that could happen is that they say 'no'.

Please let us know if and how it is resolved. Best of luck to you.

Oh Dave, you seem to have all the luck!!

I would make sure you get a signature for delivery encase he pulls a fast one (him saying refund on delivery) just to make sure. Ask him if he will meet you half way for the costs, he can only say no but at least you've asked.

A couple of years ago I bought a set of cranks from eBay.
When they arrived I noticed right away the taper on one crank was effed.
Had to start an "item not as described" dispute as seller was an arse.
I won and eBay emailed me a prepaid address label to return them to the seller. I didn't have to pay return post as it was seller's fault for not properly describing item.

Your seller sent the wrong wheels, I'd say they were clearly "not as described", so suggest to seller he pays for return post with full refund or you'll start dispute, get full refund and also leave -ve feedback.

I recently bought an "almost unused" Campag triple road chainset. When it arrived, all looked ok, put it on bike, nearly fell on my **se on ride 1 as the chain shot straight across all the middle ring teeth without engaging any. Middle ring was utterly knackered. Didn't see the point of chasing it up 6 weeks after receipt of item (next time I'll check more carefully and more quickly!).

I had a spare 42 inner ring, so slapped that on, now have a 52 / 42 / 30 setup, which is better spread than the 39 would would have been.

Mind you I did get a Campag Competition Triple in (Mostly) lovely nick, with BB for £22...

Back