My Road Wanted...

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
A happy new year one and all. I need the following please. Quality doesn't have to be top drawer as it is all for a winter bike. I am going with friction shifting so I hope compatibility won't be an issue. Please say if it will!

1. A chainset. The rear is 8 speed. I am after 39/53 square taper to suit the frame. 105/Ultegra or Chorus sort of range or something else? Done.

2. Campag 8 speed cassette. I will confirm type later with a photo. Surprise me with you ratios.

3. Some brake levers. Aero type I think. Just brakes. Shifting is down tube. Done.

4. Bars. I quite like the idea of modern shallow drops that you see these days. Problem is it is a quill stem. 26.4mm I think. Are the two compatible?
(Done)
5. Bottom bracket. Will have to see what the crank search turns up. Edit, I think I have one.

6. Tyres. Strong tubs!

7. Saddle. A Turbomatic I, II, III or IV, please.

Thanks all. I will add/take off the list as appropriate.

If your stem is 26.4 then it must be cinelli? most other road bars/stems are 26.0, and while some people will tell you there's no problem combining them or using a shim, personally I don't like those options. you might be able to use a modern bar, but they might be prone to slipping if you can't clamp them tight enough, or be prone to damage if you over tighten the stem to stop them slipping...

there's no problem mixing and matching all you want if you're going to use friction and not indexed gears :)

I've got some 170mm ultegra 6400 cranks and some chainrings. I've also got some 1050 aero brake levers.

I also have some bars, but not modern "compact" bends (they are shallow drop though, I think) I think I have a couple of sets - 3TTT I think, and probably 42cm c-c. I might have stems too...

Andy

here is the cassette I have :D

Attachments

• photo (58).JPG
    photo (58).JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 212
Iwasgoodonce":x784ixww said:
That looks pretty good Dave. 13-26 did you say? If it is, Ed cancel the hunt I'll take it!

Think thats what it be in messages :D its quite a rubbish pic and needs a clean up but much better than pic suggests :D

Back