Groovy cycles -last chance

In what way is it a pyramid scheme?

Rody, is a well respected frame builder who happens to have a very busy life. He makes outstanding frames, bars, cranks, stems, etc. He has a full time job as a fire fighter, and builds bikes in his "spare" time. I think he wants to be fair to his potential customers by capping the wait list so that people aren't waiting for a decade to get a bike.

Easy way to cap it would be to take a proper down payment.

Are we supposed to believe this did not occur to him?

Crikey!

What a gullible bunch.

highlandsflyer":33vbvoyv said:
Respectfully, is anyone really buying into this pyramid scheme?

It's a very poorly designed one if it is. Besides, he's just turned it into a closed end fund with a NAV of $20. If anything, my spot in the queue just went up in value.

Personally, I love Rody's approach. I suspect "the list" is the outcome of a wider audience found via the Internet and the down payment is the way of making sure those that join it are committed to the build when their time comes.

I can't help wondering if there's a secondary market in queue slots ...

This does not constitute an offer to buy or sell a place on Rody's list. The value of slots on the list may go up or down. Do not ride off the edge of cliffs directly after purchase.

It was a little late at night!

I just can't get my head around the logic of such a low deposit.

$500 would make more sense to me, his queue would reduce and he would have a serious upfront investment to prove buyers were worthy.

I really do think there is something a little gimmicky and faux about creating such a long waiting list.

Definitely seems the current fad to have a long waiting list.

I guess I just don't get it.

Pyramid scheme was the wrong expression I guess, I am not suggesting the dude is a fraudster and I should clarify that.

Back