Defector

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
I spend most of my time over in the mtb section but as I get older and more battered I think more about road bikes. I was for years a CTC member and loved my now departed old Dawes Galaxy. Recently aquired a battered old Dawes Spirit and a very battered, possibly bust Raleigh Criterium frame.
I find I tend to like lugged steel British built bikes from the 70's/early 80's but also I'm ignorant of road bikes from this period.
So what I'm asking is can you point me in the direction of bike models from Brit manufacturers available in 25" lugged steel frames that are still relatively plentiful and cheap but also with good tubesets, I dont want anymore high ten specials.
I know there are/were numerous frame builders so I'll simplify the task and say stick to the big manufacturers models.
Cheers
Velo

Welcome Velo

Welcome Velo
This where its all happening mate ;)
Theres no going back to the darkside now :LOL:
Judging by your broad requirements I would say theres a lot to choose from in 531 alone with your size being maybe, as mentioned, the slighty harder thing to find. Theres still loads of large frames out there as every time I look at an ad, they are always too big :LOL:
I'll definately keep my eye out for one and drop you a line if I do come across anything.
Good hunting my friend.
Jamie

Jamie, your labouring under a misinterpretation :roll:
This is the dark side, I've come from the light as retrobike was more mtb to start with ;)

Back