December 2012 'Fat vs Klein vs Yeti Special' Vote Now!!

December 2012 'Fat vs Klein vs Yeti Special' Vote Now!!

• ameybrook's 1991 Yeti Cycles Ultimate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yeti-man's Yeti FRO

• Sebastian's 1991 Yeti Ultimate

• Ianus' 1992 Klein Attitude

• kleinrenzo's 1995 Klein Adroit

• ededwards' Fat Chance Yo Eddy

• allard's Klein Pinnacle

• mainlyfats' 1990 Fat Chance Team Comp

• oneschnark's Fat Chance 10th Anniversary

• Nader's Fat Chance Yo Eddy

• nausea's Klein

• maxhc's Fat Chance Yo Eddy

• audi-allroad's 1993 Klein Attitude

• 24pouces' Klein Attitude

• Mr.Toad's 1989 Wicked Fat Chance

• Shamus' Klein Adroit

• tigern's Klein Adroit

• clockworkgazz's Wicked Fat Chance

• Radoslaw's Monster Fat Chance

• Rick Draper's 1994 Fat Chance Shock a Billy

• holdi's Klein Adroit

• Barnefield's 1995 Klein Adept

• wtb_rider's Klein Rascal

• Silverfish's 1987 Yeti FRO

• Tc's Klein Attitude

• bat40a6's Klein Attitude

• Double-E F's 1994 Yeti ARC AS LT

• adri.75s Klein Attitude

• Woody's Yeti Ultimate

• Klein MMK's Klein Pulse Comp

• trail_head's 1992 Klein Pinnacle

• Yetimanarc's 1996 Yeti ARC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The yellow valve caps are not period correct and hence totally not acceptable. For someone swimming in black gold and enjoying meals in 3 star restaurants Yeti-Man could have done better.

Nader":20yoqgpd said:
Elev12k":20yoqgpd said:
You overlooked one factor: both Fat and Klein suffered from entries with not so well executed builds, while with Yeti it is overall very good and several really exceptional.
aha! and the fantastic Yeti FRO gets no vote! :shock: How does one explain this?

it's just about bikes?? ..I don't believe !!

You could have VOTED for it.....? Why didnt you.....? if in your eyes it was so Fantastic.....?

Perhaps you saw a different bike that was More Fantastic, in your eyes....!

I rest my case.

:cool:

Well done Mike a geat bike, well built, well used, and well photographed.

In fact well done to all the entries, this month wasnt an easy month with so many top entires.

:cool:

Elev12k":3mt4l12i said:
The yellow valve caps are not period correct and hence totally not acceptable. For someone swimming in black gold and enjoying meals in 3 star restaurants Yeti-Man could have done better.

I admire this without reservation!

sinnerman":5xj42hzt said:
You could have VOTED for it.....? Why didnt you.....? if in your eyes it was so Fantastic.....?

for me that Yeti FRO could be more applicable than some other Yetis ...if I were a Yeti fan.

Congrats to ameybrook for another well deserved win.

AB's Yeti now goes forward to the Bike of The Year 2012 poll which is now up > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=235053

videojetman":2vofboom said:
still puzzles me how incomplete bikes still slip through the net.

Puzzles you how exactly? Setting one of these polls up is fairly time consuming with plenty of copy and pasting. Didn't notice the missing pedals. Given your superior spotting skills why not highlight it before the poll goes up next time? Rather than after.

trailhead, your bike is assembled a bit like I assemble my bikes: You have a KCNC post, light and retro-looking but nor period correct, you have stripped a Klein frame, a no-no thing for purists, since one of the reasons kleins were so iconic was for their paintjob, and your Flite doesn't semme to have any leather or upholstering. So, a user rather than a garage queen: a great bike to ride but which has scarce probabilities of winning a BOTM competition.
It's not a criticism: My Indy is painted with a paintjob I chose, has not original stickers, has several modern parts on it. I love it but it'll never win a competition. BOTM voters demand perfection.
The FRO you liked had a major problem: there was a cooler FRO among the entries.

holdi's adroit - missing pedals
tc's attitude - no rd cable.
sorry for pointing out one of the rules.
i'll keep my gob shut in future.

Thanks for the sharp eye

On pedals being not present: I don't know how it is nowadays, but I remember very well from back in the day that I saw bikes priced without pedals. Also weight was often provided without pedals included in the component spec. Strictly spoken it is absolutely correct that a bike without pedals is not complete, but as it is so very retro I would say entries without pedals fall within the scope of this contest. Whether it is wise that someone enters a bike without pedals is another question, as there will always be people who do not vote for it than, so you would have to bring something very special to make up for that.

Missing rear mech cable: Well spotted. It is not the only bike in the competition without a rear mech cable. If we allow one single speed, we have to allow the other too I am afraid.

Back