1991 Cannondale M500

I have just found out that the reason why Nitromors doesn't work any more is that DiChloromethane is banned in paint strippers now. That was the active ingredient and it is quite nasty stuff.

However I have also found that I can buy dichloromethane on eBay pretty cheaply. :-D

Yum, I think this was the colour mine was before it was stripped.
The guy I got mine off stripped it with Nitromors and steel wool, but he did say it took him ages.
Nice bike, looks quite modern and "jumpy" in that size, and yes, defo 27.2 seatpost. :D
Here's mine, M400 same vintage.
Canny12123.jpg

Some nice 1" lightweight forks on the way thanks to a reply from a wanted ad.......

Metal is badly pitted under the worst bits of paint so might not polish, might go for paint instead.

'Dale

Rob Atkin":1x8ojxfq said:
Some nice 1" lightweight forks on the way thanks to a reply from a wanted ad.......

Metal is badly pitted under the worst bits of paint so might not polish, might go for paint instead.

Surprising how they come up with plenty of Autosol and some elbow grease Rob!
Easier still if you have a polishing mop and a multi speed drill ;) I then finish it finally with some Maguires metal polish, which gives a mirror like shine and has a corrosion inhibitor wax in it, that prevents tarnish.

Back