Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Jussa":2t567241 said:
Ok dillemah that I am hoping someone can help me with, had some nice purple Anodised bottle bolts arrived today, went to fit them in my Dynatech but shock horror they don't fit :( used process of elimination and tried some other ones from another bike and they don't fit either??? The threaded inserts look ok, and its all 4 bottle bolt mounts that are the same, any ideas? I am lost at the moment, is it possible they take a smaller diameter bolt?

They don't fit? Bolts Too all to large? And are the bolts interchangeable on the other bikes?
I'd go to a bike shop or halfords and find out which size threads you have. Or try some on.

I think common size is M5. So the dynatech may take a different size

ibbz":1lwc8cln said:
I think common size is M5. So the dynatech may take a different size

M5 seem to big? Tried some off my other bikes and the same, first thread catches but then goes tight don't want to nadger the inserts on the frame.

The inserts probably just need a thread tap running through them to clean out any dirt and corrosion.
The threads on alloy bolts are relatively soft so they won't cut through any crud that has formed.

I'm sure that it will be an M5 thread.

drystonepaul":630x50ka said:
The inserts probably just need a thread tap running through them to clean out any dirt and corrosion.
The threads on alloy bolts are relatively soft so they won't cut through any crud that has formed.

I'm sure that it will be an M5 thread.

Cheers, I've been meaning to invest in a good Tap & Die set, so now I've got a great excuse to spend my Xmas money on one :D will update on progress :)

Jussa :D

Mine are M5 on my 93 Diablo, purchased some SS bolts from screw fix recently. Fitted with no problems.

Hold an old bolt and the new bolt together so the treads interlock to see if the threads match.

One less, my mate had an 'episode' with his dyna tech riding in the peaks.

It was a lovely bike and ridden as raleigh intended.

2121_120355500646_8711_n.jpg

Sketchyxup":ukdkkxk5 said:
One less, my mate had an 'episode' with his dyna tech riding in the peaks.

It was a lovely bike and ridden as raleigh intended.

2121_120355500646_8711_n.jpg

There's a guy after a broken Dynatech in the wanted section ?

This can happen if the frame is too small for the rider and a long travel fork has been installed. Moreover, it seems as if he has been ridden in this section, sitting and with loading of the front wheel.

Best regards from Mainhatten

Dynatechrider

Back