''92? Kona Cinder Cone re-lick

Wonderful frame-colour but the parts used are a little bit mixed ;)
Personally I'd change the red grips and the brakebooster against simple black, turquoise or golden ones. ;)

Really really nice that! What size is that hope seat clamp? I have a 97 cinder cone which I'm building into a single speed cruiser for the summer evenings ;) .. Also that paint job is lovely, how much did it set you back?

konaben82":3mpt1fmp said:
Really really nice that! What size is that hope seat clamp? I have a 97 cinder cone which I'm building into a single speed cruiser for the summer evenings ;) .. Also that paint job is lovely, how much did it set you back?

Hi - not sure on the size of the hope seat clamp - although i think 92 and 97 will be different seatpost sizes - 92 by all accounts is a 26.4mm seatpost although i replaced with thomson 26.6mm with no issue

The paint job is from Argos in Bristol - best place for a proper paint job imo. for frame and fork, headset and to braze on v-brake cable routing was about £200 all in i think including posting the frame back to me.

Decals I got from graphicshack

stoppi_71":30410jpq said:
Wonderful frame-colour but the parts used are a little bit mixed ;)
Personally I'd change the red grips and the brakebooster against simple black, turquoise or golden ones. ;)

Yeah parts are mixed bag as otherwise would have gone over the £500 budget set - there's a combination of original and original upgrades in combination with new replacement parts. Wasn't really going for a retro-build as such - in an ideal world i would have upgraded the groupset to high end 2012 components, but didnt really see the point as bike only sees light usage.

Back