1992 Klein Attitude Sunburst XL Finished-Photos Page 2

mkaavin":swlm0ivz said:
I can't believe it!

I too e-mailed this guy some 6 months ago and asked to buy his bike. He said no but told me he would keep me in mind if he ever decided to sell it.

I guess that slipped his mind........sad for him....I probably would have paid quite a bit for it.

Anyway, I found it the same way, browsing the net for pictures of the Sunburst (the owner didn't even know it was a Sunburst....he called it a Backfire).

Since I found another Attitude I didn't spam him with further requests but I guess that was a bad strategy. :roll:

Well, all that is left for me to say now is.........congratulations to the new owner.

Thanks,.
Now remember, I did start to email him 3 years ago.:)
It's funny, he did tell me that he had other inquiries over the years but no one had ever put a number on it. I ques my number was the right one.:)

Well, I was actually thinking about the same strategy as you......offering him an amount he could/should not refuse. :) but then shortly after, I came across a beautiful Painted Desert MC2 in L size. The XL fits me better but even finding an Attitude in L or XL is difficult enough so I was happy, especially since it was almost unused.

Anyway, I forgot the Sunburst for a while but was later considering to offer him 4000$ for the frame (What was your magic number?) but then other things happened in my life and I had to focus my monetary capabilities elsewhere for a while. :-D

....and now the opportunity is gone and you have the frame. Well, I guess it's only fair. I have a beautiful bike now and should be happy with that and appreciate the fact that someone else also found the bike of their dreams.

:)

Congrats! That is nice!

btw. I was first, I have contacted to that owner 4-5 years ago... :cool:

Back