What's up in the UK?

retrocomeback":11amsyin said:
"You Brits did great. Thanks for being so overly sensitive"

Our pleasure you waffle eating child snatcher ;)

Hehe.
I find that very offensive...

NOT
:LOL:

I always thought trolls came from much further north.

Saying that, it is Christmas and I am sorry if you took offence at my lack of interest in your hero.

I went as far as studying human rights due to my interest in the struggle for equality and fair play globally. I don't feel I lack an understanding of the issues Assange's organisation have occasionally highlighted.

However, as in all things, I feel you have to be able to look yourself in the mirror at the end of the day.

I am sure Assange looks at himself as often as possible in mirrors, but his behaviour in his personal life and the attitudes he has betrayed in interviews where he was clearly not under duress suggest a man who is unable to resolve the role of mentor/icon serving a greater purpose with the necessity to avoid exploiting those around him, (very much in the way the global elite he rails against overbear and exploit).

Although you might find Assange narcissistic and such, and maybe he is, some things stand apart from that:
1) Wikileaks (and Anonymous too) is a force for good in the world.
2) Assange is subject to character assassination.
3) The allegations are completely ridiculous.

What are your opinions on Anonymous and Bradley Manning? ;)
Is it best for all these people to die quickly as some suggested should happen to Assange? Because this whole situation is annoying? Because they might be arrogant egocentric gents?

In my opinion Anonymous and Wikileaks should persist and hopefully even grow. What good is our vote if we don't even get to know what our governments are up to? What good is our 'democracy' if we are excluded from some very essential information (for example the true number of civilians killed in Iraq, which might heavily affect public opinion on the war)? Another case I like to refer to is the coup of 1953 in Iran, where your MI6 together with the USA's CIA removed the democratically elected Mohammad Mossadegh from power to install the Shah and denationalize the oil-industry in favor of AIOC, which is better known as today's BP. The public only got wind of this in 1966 iirc. Hasn't the public, in a 'democratic' nation, got the right to know when it's government gets into this kind of affairs? When it's government uses massive amounts of tax dollars/pounds/euros to subvert democratic elected governments around the world in favor of private corporate interest? IMO it does (obviously :LOL: ).

Some quotes to top things off:

A comment on the topic found somewhere else:
"If the documents and cables being released were those of Iran, I guarantee your American guest and everyone now berating him would be saying that Mr. Assange is a great hero." --James Tinsley-Arkansas, U.S.A.

A classic:
“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” -- George Orwell.

Not a bad one:
"When you are fed a lie, it is intended to poison your ability to swallow reality.
When you are protected from the truth, you become vulnerable to everything, truthful or otherwise." -- don't know who

And to those not giving a crap:
"The only thing more dangerous than evil people is the indifference of good people." -- ditto

Thanks,
Bram

Assange is a narcissist and obnoxious to boot but then very many leaders in their fields are the same..jobs, gates, schumacher etc

Manning, anyone who exposes the massacre of innocent children, women and men by gun happy soldiers is okay in my book..that said he knew the risks

Anonomous..the ideal is admirable but largely the lack of thought by the majority being socially awkward teens/young males means on occasions they lose their genuine message,intent and support by having fubar momments

Wikileaks..long may they and groups like them continue and governments worry that dirty underhand tricks might just be found out

beyond that..the internet age has just made more demons and angels but the same premise has been here since the beginning

Bram J":20vm3916 said:
"The only thing more dangerous than evil people is the indifference of good people."

You are conflating not giving a crap about discussing Assange on a bicycle discussion forum with being indifferent to evil. You have absolutely no idea what the members of this board do in their real lives. I can assure you many come here to take a break from serious matters.

Merry Bloody Christmas, if you can get your foot out long enough to relax and enjoy it.

:)

highlandsflyer":19kuqchz said:
You are conflating not giving a crap about discussing Assange on a bicycle discussion forum with being indifferent to evil. You have absolutely no idea what the members of this board do in their real lives. I can assure you many come here to take a break from serious matters.

I am quite aware of that. Been taking way to many breaks on here too. :? :LOL:

highlandsflyer":19kuqchz said:
Merry Bloody Christmas, if you can get your foot out long enough to relax and enjoy it.

Right back at cha!
bloodyxmas-1024x996.jpg

Back