1995 PROFLEX 855 - 14'' - MINT - WITH CUSTOM ELASTOMERS

34henry3w

Retro Guru
Hi Guys,

I just got this for my girlfriend and am stoked! It is super mint, 100% stock down to the onza pedals and needs basically nothing but elastomers which I have sourced (See my 854 build thread in my signature). The guy wrote and asked me if he could have some more time to deliver as he lived in new jersey and his entire town was destroyed by sandy!..I said no problem. It arrived unharmed!

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 2,154
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 2,156
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    274.6 KB · Views: 2,157
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    449 KB · Views: 2,156
Suitable for a girl i guess. No big fan of Pro Flex, but this one looks solid, original and cool. Front tyre is in wrong direction ;)

I noticed the tire too. Those pics taken by previous owner. Also noticed the hubs aren't catologue spec but the rims are.. So it did leave the factory that way.

I'm actually probably the biggest critic of proflex, but I admire them as they where a small company led by a guy that tried to do things different... Which led to their demise. Given the drastic year by year improvement leading up to the x57, I have no doubt that had they not been bought out and destroyed by k2 they would have adapted and would still be here...

Anyway back to the bike..It probably was ridden.. Twice?

ChrisBrown81":ydz56yf2 said:
Has the rear elastomer perished? :( Other wise great find! :LOL:

Whatleymeister":ydz56yf2 said:
Cool looking bike, but those rear elastomers are well and truly shot.

Guys with all due respect to all, this was highlighted by Henry in his opening post, and already in hand.
34henry3w":ydz56yf2 said:
Hi Guys,
It is super mint, 100% stock down to the onza pedals and needs basically nothing but elastomers which I have sourced

Fully agree with all that it’s a great find, looking forward to seeing what it looks like after Henry's weaved his magic on it !

Just look at what 34Henry's got in the stable... this guy knows his Onions

B.T.W
Why has someone fitted oversized “Yeti” style Ferrules to it ?
it doesn't look like it running 2mm cable

I think those ferrules are the originals, they have a shoulder on them that acts as a stop. The internal diametre of the guides is big enough for the outer to pass right through.

Henry. Lovely find mate, i miss my 856 and my 955 i should have kept one of them :roll:

Latest posts

Back