Recomend me some shoes.

Agreed 5 10s are nice to ride in but I was very dissapointed that they shrunk and lost their colour, my skate shoes get skated in and ridden in worn day in day out and take all kinds of abuse with no complaints. Been riding in hiking boots lately though.

Been riding in Shimano AM41 shoes for the last few months. I really like that the they keep with filth out and are fairly warm, but the grip is not as good as my old Vans. On balance though I prefer them for riding when conditions are mucky. Skate style shoes tend to get ruined fairly quickly in the slop.

5-10s are a new experience in grip when teamed with decent flatties (Nukeproof for me). Honestly, you have to try them to believe it.

What Maxipedia said is true. I went up north for a couple of days riding recently, and forgot my shoes. :shock:

Had to go riding in my brand new old school Vans. You know, like the ones I rode in BITD. :(

Now I love Vans, but boy were they pish to ride in after the last 12 months in 5-10s. :LOL:

They are expensive, and they look like orthopedic shoes, and you have to put your saddle up an inch higher, but they truly are the ultimate in flattie MTB shoes. ;)

Dead Rats":3rfc984l said:
Maxipedia":3rfc984l said:
A few years back I would've said "any skateshoes with a softer sole, preferable a gum one who is more sticky". I still love my Airwalk Ones.

But, today you have Five Ten and I need to ask nothing more. They live up to the hype. If you don't like bulkiness, get yourself a slimmer version, like the Freerider, the Spitfire of the LineKing, no problem. Bear in mind that if you want to use them as everyday shoes, they are not very good.

But, actually, you know what the ONLY real problem with Five Ten shoes is? The fact that one day you will ride without Five Tens on and that will mess you up! Yes, they change your riding that much, they are hooked on that pedal no-matter-what. As an example, I rode Rennies with plastic pedals on my Jekyll in pouring raind - no problem!

In the meantime, Nike, Vans and Teva have options to these sticky sole shoes, so you might wanna check them out too!

Mx

pretty much agree with that, for light rides I just wear my Airwalks but my 5-10 are better (stiffer and grippier). Having said that, for my first winter ride in the hills today I'm wearing my NorthFace snow boots!

EDIT post ride I have to say the NorthFace boots were incredibly warm (both Pete & Al who I rode with were freezing on the toes) and they were great in sections were we had to walk BUT they didn't stick to my Atomlab flats at all! Roll on slightly warmer temps...

Back