1993 Saracen Race Elite

Myshrall189":1bxgo4z2 said:
Snap
Mine has zoom stem. Various xtr bits and rocket rons. I have the graphite tyres which match the xtr colours.
I only recently joined the forum and am surprised to see how many of these keep appearing.
They ride lovely but have scars up and down my leg from that middle cable guide on the top tube.
Rich

Hi Rich, get some pics of yours up for us ;)

a bit far away, but its best viewed that way...

i remember had a puncture on the front so it has a different tyre in this picture.

Attachments

• saracen.JPG
    saracen.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,057
FluffyChicken":1ydk5s8k said:
THAT'S what's been bugging me..
The tyres don't match.

:LOL:

There's irony in that somewhere - my e-stay is rolling on Chris's ex Porcupines from about two bikes ago...

legrandefromage":29yqe9bn said:
FluffyChicken":29yqe9bn said:
THAT'S what's been bugging me..
The tyres don't match.

:LOL:

There's irony in that somewhere - my e-stay is rolling on Chris's ex Porcupines from about two bikes ago...[/quote

I split the sidewall on a Rocket Ron and when I ordered a replacement they had changed the logo design:mad:

I have found the rocket rons very good tyres. Also take a load of weight off the bike. On the ride where I took the photo above. I remember saying that there were a lot of brambles and I was surprised I had not got a puncture. 2 mins later the front was flat....

Rons are indeed great tyres but shocking for punctures as I have found out to my cost this summer :LOL:

Small update now I've finally ridden this. Just to add to the sacrilege of fitting v brakes I've now gone Ahead and fitted some Manitou forks :oops:

The result though is a fantastic riding bike that was given a thorough testing by a mate of mine on our recent Scunthorpe ride.

That bike says to me...go anywhere do anything. stem looks good and i can't fault the introduction of front suspension! sometimes you just need some comfort, you know about it on some trails when fully rigid, innit ;)

So, all other bikes in your fleet must go to charity as you won't need them :) bagsy on any bike starting with A, M, or S.

cheers. :cool:

Thanks very much both of you and Marc if I ever decide my other bikes are going then you will be first to know, dont hold your breath though ;)

Back