Drugs

Some good thoughts there, one thing that is quite evident is that the higher content weed that is common now is more prone to causing paranoia and other unwanted effects. I too have dabbled extensively and thoroughly with many substances but sort of gave up around 5 years ago, it does seem to have had a detrimental effect, if I have just a couple of tokes of weed now I become a dribbling mess.

One thing that occurs, if cannabis is legalised and taxed etc, how on earth could it be policed given that it will grow absolutely anywhere ?

In the wildness of youth there wasn't much I didn't take at some point, but any substance depends solely on its quality and purity, its how Keith Richards explains the fact that he's still with us!

I think some form of legalisation could help clean up the supply. Skunk is one of the best examples. 20/30 years ago weed, more so bud than black would be pure, now its grown using high intensity fertilisers and creating long term mental heath issues. I think there's a case for legal cafe's like in Amsterdam, that could burst the bubble on illegal suppliers.

Coke is a more serious problem. I think a survey detected residue in 90% of the UK's pub toilets. Probably the most adulterated shit you can stick in your bloodstream.

Controlled legalisation would be an as yet untried policy which might work but wont stop illegal supply if its cheaper, cant argue with human nature wanting something for less dosh to give the finger to 'The Man' :roll:

I dabbled a bit and glad I stopped.

To be honest you will never stop it but legalising it would make it worse.

However each to their own, if they want to do any drug, whether it be coke, puff, fags or alcohol then let them however they should not be allowed NHS treatment.

That'll soon thin 'em out a bit :D :twisted:

Tobacco and alcohol are both legal but there is a booming black market and illegal trade for both of these so how would legalisation of harder drugs abolish the illegal trade associated with them?

Russell":uwnpq6pj said:
Tobacco and alcohol are both legal but there is a booming black market and illegal trade for both of these so how would legalisation of harder drugs abolish the illegal trade associated with them?

That's due to them being taxed so much, not to do with supply. I'd wager in countries where fags and booze are cheap, there is very little contraband of either.

rosstheboss":2txgfmsw said:
Russell":2txgfmsw said:

That's due to them being taxed so much, not to do with supply. I'd wager in countries where fags and booze are cheap, there is very little contraband of either.

I'd wager that wherever people want to get off their tits, there is illegal trade in the substance of choice, no matter how cheap legal supplies may be.

Back