Pace RC100 rebuild

That's very interesting to see pics and infomation, you seem to be an expert on these, it make me a novice on these things, I am always asking questions all the time lol, looking forward seeing it completed on here soon.

I'm really impressed and I wish i had the time / patience / available elbow grease to be able to put together a build like that.

I'm sure it will be stunning when it's done.

Did you not get a 1 piece stem / steerer & rigids with that bke? (my personal fave on an RC100).

No i didnt,ive asked if anyone has one for sale but sadly not :cry: ,some kind members have given me pics of the later model stem so im having a copy made in work,how original that will look i dont know,if it doesnt look right ill bin it,lol

Still looking for RC30 legs aswell,for now the RC35's will look ok

Nice work Andy,

Your attention to detail and passion are awe inspiring :shock: , looking forward to your updates! :D

Rich

p.s. Hope you don't mind but I've added a link from my website to this thread... :cool:

Managed to get some original Bullseye decals from Gil_m ;) so got rid of the white paint on the cranks,now in powdercoat satin black.

100_1849.jpg

Andy,
I have just picked up a pace RC100, would you mind if i tapped your knowledge regarding restoration of such beasties at some point?

Theres quite a lot to do, but i've yet to work out where i need to spend my time.

So if you dont mind, i'll be in touch!

I certainy need hep to with my !00.

Problem i have is with the cranks. not only have the bearings gone, but the center crank has also corroded where the bearing fited.
a
I have refitted some nos bearing but they are "open" so wont last long,

any suggestions?

Back