peer guardian

Always use Peerguardian when "aquiring" the latest magic lantern shows!! Heard stories of my ISP pulling their services for filesharing. No worries for me up to now with the "Guardian".

Sadly on on PC not Mac, mine came from Methlabs if there are more than one with th same name.

Jim

JeRkY":12kpvifa said:
Private encrypted FTP here.

?? :? :?

I really need some help with this! :roll:

What I'm after is something so that my ISP cannot see what I'm downloading - Is this a peer guardian?

I dont want to file share.... just download or do these things come hand in hand?

Help please :LOL:

Firstly be aware of where you stand legally...(you're the wrong side if its not obvious)

OK, disclaimer aside, you're adults who can make their own decisions ;)

Peer Guardian will only really block IP addresses that belong to the 'other side' such as agents of the RIAA etc, it is in no way 100% safe, whatever anyone tells you.

Your ISP can see whatever you are hoovering up at the time, whenever the hell they want to.
Most ISP will bow to investigations from the RIAA and Co and you will end up with a Cease & Desist letter....nothing to worry about in real terms, they are merely a 'shot over the bow' to tell you they know who you are.

If you've had one then either clean your act up, 'retire' for a while until you fall off their radar or 'up your game'.

Upping your game would be either encrypted FTP or SSL Usenet (everything you hoover up is encrypted and your ISP cannot 'see' what's going on)

no peer guardian is an ip blocker for example if you are downloading a film and the film is being seeded by the MPAA so they can trace then peer guardian blocks its ip, you need to run an encrytion protocol if you are downloading torrents most torrent clients have built in encrytion that can be turned on or off

Back