Hobson moor Aftermath

mrlee

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Well what a day, 5 retro riders turned up in awful conditions, with a good hour waiting for grim to blow away we decided to do it, within 10mins charley boy demolished the rear end of his orange, hanger, mech and wheel its time for repairs, a bit of faffing and we are off again, in the twenty years I have been riding up there this is the worst I have experianced hats off to you chaps it was tough, only a couple of tumbles and with time slipping away we decided to only do half the ride with one loop of hobson, we ended up doing ten miles in really bad conditions, even the single track at the end had been churned up by cattle so more action required a bit of off piste and we are back on track and heading up cow lane back to the cars,
we made what looked like a big mistake getting out of bed into a mini muddy epic and an excellent time had by all, at least it stopped raining,
oh well here's to summer.
sorry no pics as my hands where too cold (wind chill -2)

ignore tonights weather it should have gone, but the trails will be wet

Can't say you didn't warn us!

As always though it was taken in true retro style, with grit, determination and good humour.

So when after an hour or so it had eased off and blue was visible on the horizon ... off we set! And it was least a mile before the first apparently catastrophic mechanical of the ride, as Charlieboy's commuter - no doubt shocked by the gradient after a life on the towpaths of Brummigham - promptly ate his rear mech. With a snapped hanger, a twisted mech with a snapped back plate and a spoke nipple ripped clean through the rim, you'd be forgiven for expecting a short walk back to the car and a vaguely soured 90mile return leg, but nay my friends: mrlee only went and produced from his bag, like a rabbit from a hat, an emergency hanger! Miraculously this actually fitted and with much nervewracking twisting and tweaking and many a helpful comment :| we were soon on our merry wade again.

Best bodge I've been privy to in a long while! :cool:

After that it was a piece of cake really, four and half crashes on one twenty yard slither (three from an especially game mr.ship), no rear brake for mrlee, permanent rear brake for Charlieboy, an axle-crown of 360mm for mr.ship and a minor blood letting for me notwithstanding.

All good fun!

The quantity of phenomenal riding in these parts is just fantastic, so much more to discover and enjoy :cool:

Big thanks to mrlee for the knowledge and bodging skills and to everyone for the great company!

sorry i missed this one,kids are still ill,and i must admit,i dont feel on top of the world either,keep me posted for next one,not done my headset yet but should be done within a week or so(hopefully).
sounds like a fun day had by all.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

http://s1010.photobucket.com/albums/af221/elPedro666

Unsorted photos - I'll get them in an album later...

20121125_132449.jpg

20121125_134717.jpg

Highlight must be the shoe shine of slippery near certain death, and the ingenuity of team fixing Charlie’s bike

Some pics from me

2012-11-25-027.jpg

2012-11-25-030.jpg

2012-11-25-031.jpg

Back