First McDonald's in 15 years :-0

FMJ":2y0iyv7v said:
You guys don't have Wendy's over there? I don't eat at either establishment, but at least the "meat" there is fresh, not frozen.

We used to have a Wendy's in Bradford and me and my pal used to make speial trips just to go. Closed years ago though. The burgers actually taste of beef!

When I was in the USA a few years back I did notice that the McD's seemed to taste far better then the UK version. The Wendy's in NYC seemed to have too much oil on them though.

I think calling them "restaurants" is stretching the truth some considerable distance.

I have had a maccy d's in the last 3 onths and it was a hole filler not a tasty meal to me. Given your forking out a fiver for a meal nearly they can hardly get away with the "cheap" angle. Better maybe, but i' am so thankful my 2 year old boy hates the stuff preferring food with taste to it.

unkleGsif":g36fzcs9 said:
....dont go confusing the thread with your secret love of Death Metal, Al :LOL:

G

Funny thing is.... I like Rancid the punk band and hate the filthy m word.

You've got me singing Ruby Soho now. :D

al.

McDonalds? Definitely a case of "no can has cheezburger". Or indeed any of their other pap. Give me a decent fish & chip shop any day!

David

I will treat myself and the kids to the output of The Clown, The Colonel and The King. We don't get dessert or fizzy drinks. None of us are fatties. So I don't give a monkeys. It's not like we live in there.

The kids like the experience of a trip out and it's not bad food; we're not supersizing colas or fries and the like. I read recently that Marco Pierre-White often has a cheeky McMuffin on the way to work and he says they are good. He's a bit of a tw@ by all accounts but I would say he knows his food.

I looked into their ingredient sources too. They say they are good boys. As they all do. How far can you trust anyone? At the end of the day, I haven't got the time in my day or the love in my heart to produce all my own food out of the back yard. I used to watch "The Good Life". But I think it was just for Felicity Kendall.

It tastes alright to me. I am a Quarter Pounder with Cheese man. 585kCal. NOM NOM. Their cappucino game is good too. Free one after 6 stamps. Very generous in these troubled economic times. Bravo.

BK do the best burgers, no doubt, but they are big old things and I feel less of a munter necking a Clownies.

I will treat myself and the kids to the output of The Clown, The Colonel and The King.

Funny isn't it, I've never seen any of them as a treat, only a last resort at 3 a.m. at the motorway services when there's nothing else open.

When I was a kid, my treat was a dish of whelks from the seafood stall in the harbour - yummy! :D

My kids don't really like them, in fact if there wasn't a toy involved I doubt they would ever ask to go. My local pub does hand made 6oz fresh burgers for the same price as a McD's meal - McD's really have no excuse for being so bad.

Latest posts

Back