Anyone on here got an old Raleigh Peak or Summit?

Kona-Ian":ve6cz9n5 said:
Found an old pic of my Peak going back to when it was brand new.

Or anyone got the purple Summit from the same year?

Peak kept going wrong so in the end they gave me a Summit but it had rigid forks.

]

I had the same hair cut as you!

Raleigh Peak from 1993/1994

Necessity dictates that this must be road going again soon, first time in nearly 16 years me thinks. New rear derailleur, new pedals, 5 new spokes and various cables. I narrowly lost out on a direct replacement rear derailleur so unfortunately cannot stay faithful to original parts. Most things however will remain. Budget for rebuild will be around £60. This is how it currently looks.

peakx.jpg

Will do.

Currently waiting on crank removal tool so i can get the crank arms off then il whip out the BB. It has a fair amount of play in it so it needs to be replaced but i don't know exactly what one i need.

Going to change the tyres to something more road biased, also the handlebars need to be changed for something with more than a little rise as the original ones swoop down and would surely kill my back! I think from memory it is a 17" frame. OK when i was 13, but not now :(

It was an insurance replacement for my Ravine that was nicked, and that was a replacement for my best Christmas present ever... A muddy fox pathfinder... that was nicked too.

My best mate and riding buddy had the salmon pink (he insisted orange :LOL: ) Peak, it may even still be in his parents' garage, I'll ask! Think that frame was a replacement too, came apart at the seatstays if memory serves...

I had the turquoisey Peak of the previous year :cool:

Pink Raleigh Peak

I am a new member and I have a 1992 Pink Raleigh Peak, which I no longer require. Its in really good condition. I noticed someone was looking for one.
:D

Attachments

• DSCN0275.JPG
    DSCN0275.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 492
Hey Taff, not sure what these are worth.. will try and get an idea.
Frame might be a bit big for me :(
Any idea on frame size?
Looks about 20"

Hi Kona-Ian,Its 19 inch ( middle of crank to top of seat tube). Not used it for 5 years. I got it straight from the factory as a family relation used to work for Raleigh. I have added another picture or two.

Attachments

• DSCN0276.JPG
    DSCN0276.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 456
  • DSCN0283.JPG
    DSCN0283.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 456
What do you reckon it's worth Taff?
I'm trying to sort stuff out, only bought a second bike the other month.

Latest posts

Back