will caliper brakes fit my crossroads frame

Highly unlikely - as the distance between the centre of the crown and the rim is too far. Likewise, whether there is a bridge on the rear seatstay to allow you to mount a brake

yes it has a bridge on the rear ect,just wanted to know if any peeps have done this before i get the brakes ect
cheers ;)

I would try and measure the reach first. Mesure from the center of the rim to the center of the mounting hole. That will be your approximate reach.

Use this number to compare to published specs on brakes. You are probably looking at Tektro long reach.

One last thing. Make sure that the holes drilled will accomodate brakes and aren't smaller for mudguards.

seaneee":7oes68tc said:
I would try and measure the reach first. Mesure from the center of the rim to the center of the mounting hole. That will be your approximate reach.

Use this number to compare to published specs on brakes. You are probably looking at Tektro long reach.

One last thing. Make sure that the holes drilled will accomodate brakes and aren't smaller for mudguards.

As well as Tektro, then assuming that the holes in the frame are OK for brake bolts, Alhonga's "Big Dog" and the Dia-Compe BRS101 are other models to keep an eye out for.

David

Tertro do caliper with reach 49-57mm as do Miche, ambrosio and shimano.

Terkro even do brakes with 53-73mm drop. So whatever your drop there are brakes available.

Back