Terrys Chocolate Orange anyone? "Bluey" FINISHED

matt24777":blcanw1d said:
Cranks look amazing!

The only thing is it does soften the edges slightly, but I actually think they look better without the really hard machined edges. I'm sure others would disagree, but I'm very pleased with them.

I've got the same Middleburn cranks on my F2 Pace, and I always thought they we're in amazing nick (for original condition) and then I saw yours looking like mirrors...

Further progress... the control centre built up :D

main.php

This little lot weighs a healthy 913g.

Bugger just bought a nice blue X lite Xpert bar, now I have to take it all to bits again.... must say no to forbidden fruit.... Droooool..... :LOL:

Having purchased a nice blue X-lite bar from DegsUk, I've rebuilt the controls again....
main.php

Also got a nice XTR post from samthegram and a New Flite 1990 from Fleabay....
main.php

Cheers guys for the nice parts! beginning to be almost ready to build up....

Orange

Any more news on this one :oops: I'm about to start my 5th Clockwork build, collecting some nice parts.
This looks really well.

Yeah nearly there, Got some nice Hope/Salsa Wheels and a Ahead F7 fork from Cannondale King, Forks a little tatty but will get resprayed along with the frame later on.

I also got some nice Middleburn chainrings of ebay today, They're red/silver but they'll do to get it up n running

I think I've got everything else I need ordered or on it's way except a Amberwall Smoke for the rear wheel. So hopefully I will have it all built up in a couple of weeks time the test that everything functions as it should.

The plan is them to strip it back down, send the frame & forks for a new paint job along with the stem and rebuild it. with new decals and some nice bling :D :D

What you going to do with your clockwork? :?:

Hit a huge snag, And now need some advice....

Went to fit the headset cups to the frame and they were loose in the frame! as in they will just rattle and fall out! :shock: :cry:

Took the frame to the LBS and asked if they could test other headsets in the frame and they are all loose :cry: :cry: :cry:

Measuring the frame with a set of verniers I get an Intenal diameter for the head tube of around 30.2-30.3mm, the aheadset is 30.0mm.

The LBS reakon the frame has at some point in the past had some machining carried out to the head tube as there is a very small lip about 20mm in from either end.

Is there anything I can do with this or is the frame a scrapper? :cry: :cry: :cry:

The only thing I can think of is that if it has been machined it will have been done to accommodate 1, 1/8" headset cups instead of the standard 1" that the C16R was originally set up for.

What size Headset did the LBS try and fit? I'm guessing 1" and did they try 1,1/8" or even 1 1/4" ?

Internal headtube dimension is 30.1 mm for standard 1" ISO headset.

Internal headtube dimension is 33.95 mm for 1⅛" Headset.

Internal headtube dimension is 36.95 mm for 1¼" Headset.

They did try a 1 &1/8th automatically before they realised it was a 1". The cup was the same as the OD of the headtube! :LOL:

The closest they found was still rather loose, certainly not an interference fit. :(

Back