Wiggo hit by a white van

Daughter is watching CBeebies and girl presenter comes on with a wee news bit. Said that Bradley Wiggins had collided with a car. FFS, it makes it sound like he ran into the car.
No ya daft bint, the fecking car collided with him.
No car should ever be driven near enough to a cyclist on road for cyclist to run into car.

according to the news Wiggins was wearing a helmet. So thats that sorted out then.

personally i don't care.

Reports are that both wiggins and his coach both were wearing helmets

As to wearing helmets it's like sex, using protection reduces the risk of something going wrong but as we know..most men don't like wearing condoms

legrandefromage":nwwz261u said:
I've just ridden a bicycle without a helmet.

I did not die.

I did not wear a helmet, I did 30mph off road, I crashed, I landed on my head, I did not die but I was unable to do mental arithmetic for a couple of months.

As a punishment for not wearing a helmet the nurse in casualty put 7 or 8 staples put in my head without anaesthetic.

It's greatpublicity about how vulnerable cyclists are to drivers unintentional mistakes, let alone when they pull in front, brake, then turn left into a dead end road. . . he won't be doing that again :twisted: .

gtRTSdh":kd7d9nyj said:
let alone when they pull in front, brake, then turn left into a dead end road. . .

Why do they do that? I get it just about every ride, either left, right or pull onto a driveway or into the side of the road.

BTW. I always wear a helmet, every single ride and have done for years.

According to 'another website' Brad was riding a mountain bike, so that blows the argument on the Jeremy Vine show on R2 today out of the water, as they were suggesting pro's ride too fast for the road :roll:

I rode 6 miles today and I had 4 near misses from people pulling out on me. One of those was extremely dangerous, and I admit, I was doing over 40 towards a dead end, down hill, and had just overtaken a car. But the twat didn't even look, just pulled out. I had lights on, a flouro top, it was well lit. Luckily for me, he did see me in the end, and I stopped in a surprisingly short distance, as did he, and I remain safe and well. Brad wasn't so lucky.

i hope he had good lights on his bike and a day glow jacket on?

I am sure the factoids will be revealed in good time.

Seems a little early to assume the driver was completely at fault, despite what we all experience.

The fact he was riding a mountain bike doesn't really mean he could not have been travelling at excessive speed, or doing something daft.

Seems unlikely to me though.

My goodness though, imagine knocking a cyclist off and discovering it was darling of the nation, Olympic champion.

Not a great day at the office.

NeilM":2xg5ii3w said:
According to 'another website' Brad was riding a mountain bike, so that blows the argument on the Jeremy Vine show on R2 today out of the water, as they were suggesting pro's ride too fast for the road :roll:

Whereas most car drivers don't!!! :roll:

Jeremy vine is one of this countries most detestable cock munches to be given a microphone.

Back