The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bontrager Ti Lite & Privateer

I'm probably going to have to sell a couple of bikes/frames. I have a Bontrager Ti Lite and a late (trek made) Privateer. Any help with a valuation on these would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

K2/Proflex 5500c with Pace RC-36 forks

Could someone tell me how much interest/value there might be in this part built-up K2/Proflex 5500c with Pace RC-36 forks?

The RC-36 forks have gold coloured stantions in good order (one has gone more like silver colour at the bottom)
5500c frame with Risse racing shock and Risse pump
XTR v-brakes
Remaining parts to complete, various grades not all XTR
Syncros headset
FC-MC36 175 cranks
Outland Racing stem and flat System Components 6061 bars
New bb
Plus a couple of parts that are out of keeping with the rest - new Brand-X wheels, Push seatpost and Selle Royal Blast seat

IMG_0361.jpg

With some reluctance it's looking as though my MTB may be up for sale soon - I've only used it once or twice since the spring, and don't really get on with the riding position or the "feel" of the machine, concluding that straight handlebars and huge 26" tyres aren't for me. :(

As such I'm looking to get a feel for what it might fetch. The frame is some sort of mid-late 1990s butted steel Marin affair - the headtube is 1 1/8" if that helps to date it - repainted red by Cougar and as such bearing their decals (although the rear dropouts still bear the Marin stamp); it's in OK condition with the usual minor scratches & scuffs plus a couple of slight "dings" in the top tube. Gear cables are down-tube routed, there are 2 pairs of bottle bosses and the frame also has rear mudguard and rack mounts. Forks are Manitou Answer 4 and the headset is a no-name alloy cartridge bearing job which I only bought about 2 years back. The rest of the component spec is as follows:

Shimano Deore XT 8-speed rear & triple front derailleurs
SRAM/Sachs Neos twist-shifters
Unbranded alloy bars, Sachs handgrips
Saracen TIG-welded steel stem
Dia-Compe Direct Pull 7 brake levers
Shimano Alivio canti brakes with Fibrax blocks
Tatty-looking Selle Italia black Flite Ti-railed saddle
Selcof single-bolt microadjust seatpin - slightly too small and shimmed to fit with thin stainless strip.
SR 110BCD 175mm triple crankset, 46/36/26 rings (mix of Vuelta, Stronglight & SR)
Time ATAC Alium clipless pedals
Stronglight JP400 sealed BB unit (plastic cups)
Extras: Zefal plastic mini-pump & Velocity silver alloy bottle cage

As well as the seat pillar being shimmed, this bike has two other more significant issues. Firstly, one of the crank arms has seized on to the BB spindle, although since the BB itself is still in good order, this wouldn't be a short term problem and the drivetrain runs well. Secondly, you may have spotted in all of the above that there is no mention of a wheelset, since this will be dismantled and its Hope hubset used in another project I have up my sleeve!

In a nutshell, then, based on all of the above, if anyone has a suggestion for a sensible asking price for my wheel-less steel hardtail, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for advice!

David

Re: what's it worth

OBD":u6hzrraz said:
selling some CK bits.. (all pictured)
any idea what they'll fetch?

NOS Sour Apple hubset on RhynoLites and an assortment of headsets including Steelset, Ti, Sour Apple, Purple, couple Turquoise...
it's all for a fundraiser so hopefully they can bring in a decent fare

Interested to know when these would be up for grabs. .

Modified 92-93 Zaskar GT 22" frame. Value?

Hi

Another Zaskar GT frame. So sorry for the repetition, but this one has a disc brake mount. Model year must be somewhere around 92-93. The disc brake mount has been welded on by a professional (frame has not been used after the mount was welded two years ago).

Seems to be made out of 6061 aluminium. And the size is 22 inches if I measured correctly (from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube)

Now I have to sell it with or without the Marzocchi Z2 Bomber fork, which is also in the picture.

I've looked through the previous Zaskar GT valuations. Is this frame also going to be in the 60-80 £ range? or perhaps a little more ? The cost of having the disc brake mount welded cost me about 60 £ (or about 90 euros) so I am hoping to get it back at least :).

I am anyway probably forced to sell it for some price here in Finland very soon. And wondering what would be the fair price to ask. The same 50-80 £ as suggested for previous Zaskar frames?

Some pictures:

IMG_1674.jpg

More images here: http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/vronskikarenin/library/Zaskar GT 3

Thanks in advance for any valuation help.

smashford":s271v80d said:
Marin Bear Valley, the guy that wants me to sell it says he thinks he bought it in maybe 1996? What's it worth the scratch on the bear valley is the worst mark apart from the bar ends where he had it leant in his garage and wheeled in and out for the last 15 years and barely ridden it- it's in very very good nic, full STX RC 8 speed

That Bear Valley is a 1999 model and it looks good!

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/Bike ... Ju8IMXMjSg

1/18 threaded steerer tube Project 2's
Good condition, haven't cleaned properly yet.
Have got the rest of the headset.

P1000823.jpg

P1000822.jpg

P1000821.jpg

P1000820.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back