Am I dreaming?

the rossin looks a tradtional style frame not the compact design that is common these days. i would say for your height a 56-57 cm would suit

I am six foot and would fit that nicely..........it would not look exactly period as I would have the seat post a bit higher than the road pro's of the period.......

Shaun

When talking seat tube length it helps to specify if you're talking centre to centre or centre to top. By default I talk centre to top; not sure if that's because of my age, or nationality?

I'm a shade over 5'10" and in shoes can just straddle the top tube on a 23"(C-T ) frame without 'contact' :shock: on a cold day, anyway :)...... IIRC, FWIW, with 170mm cranks, the 'raise no further' mark on my Campag.NR seatpin is actually just visible above the seat lug.

I can't see the OP having much trouble with this size of frame unless they are extraordinarily far from the average in bodily proportions. Looks like a good bike-I can see why you are after it! Judging from the pic. I would expect the top tube to be 22 1/2 C-C or thereabouts.

Thank you for the encouragement.

Normally i'm a dirt riding kind of guy but i do take to the pavement now and then. I've had a few road bikes before, early 90's Diamond Back Centurion (smokey paint), and alloy Ciocc.

Currently I have 2 road going bikes. A super small Vitus for my daughter and a titanium Voodoo cross bike that is my road going ride.

BTW, the seller states that the bike is a Ghibli. I thought the Ghibli's had the crimped top, down and seat tube which I don't see in the pic. When I talked with him I asked if the tubes were crimped and he didn't have any idea what I was asking. Would that mean this is a SLX?

Attachments

• Vitus.jpg
    Vitus.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 580
Sizing wise I'm 5ft 11/32.5 inside leg and the biggest traditional diamond frame I ride is a 62cm, after that I've a 59cm tourer and late 50s/early 60s racer that is also 59cm c-c. All are 57.5cm c-c top tube.
Sounds/looks to me like it would fit you perfect :D
Just haggle the price down a bit :cool:

23inch is a fraction over 58, and will be fine. I'm a 31" inseam and run a selection between 55 and 58, but the 57/58 range is much better.

worst comes to the worst

Looks nice doesn't it! I suppose if the worst comes to the worst you could buy it, try it, if it doesn't fit hang on till April and sell it on ebay for a profit! Good luck anyway

Update

Scored a few more measurements and lots of photos.

Bike is a SLX and not a Ghibli as I suspected, though i'm far from being an expert.

TT length is 22.25", or 56.5 cm which seems a little long but i think i could live with that.

Standover is 33", once again a bit tall but workable.

Also, bike is full Campy with the exception of the shifters and rear der, which are Dura Ace.

I think i'll pick it up. Paint and plating looks nice.

Attachments

• COL SLX.jpg
    COL SLX.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 313
  • DA2.jpg
    DA2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 313
  • DA.jpg
    DA.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 313
Only way to tell for sure is to see it first hand. :) My advice (which I doubt you need) Check the frame carefully for integrity and alignment.
Maybe take some Allen keys with you so you can move the seatpost and stem? (I guess the shop will let you do that) If they move freely it's a fair indication that the rest of the machine is sound. Good luck! :)

Decided to take a chance and pick up the bike, very excited and plan to collect this weekend.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and guidance. I will post many pictures as I fumble through the rebuild.

Attachments

• ROSSIN11.jpg
    ROSSIN11.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 269
Back