The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

That's a great portfolio of pics up there^^^ :cool: :cool:

I'm still learning my way around this macro lens of mine....:

macroday4015.jpg

GT-Steve":76j2uatp said:
That's a great portfolio of pics up there^^^ :cool: :cool:

I'm still learning my way around this macro lens of mine....:

macroday4015.jpg

Excellent, I was particularly admiring the bug, now this ^

I have not really been successful with macro yet, it's too hit and miss with my set up; an old manual nikon macro zoom fitted to a manual 3 x teleconverter, or the old way reverse a lens and fit it to the camera with a threaded bayonet adapter, the latter gives a very shallow depth of field, b ut both ways theres no metering, so a lot of guess work.

What got me back into photography was discovering RAW files, the interest came back as it is the technicalities I like and it does remind me somewhat of my old dark room days.

But ta both of you for comments on my pics.

But ''crappy old nion dslr'', which one ?

It 's funny though, my friend who has gone pro as an events photographer still rings me up to ask how to shoot situations that her £16k Nikon's automation can't handle and when I go out locally with another photographer running an x thousands pounds worth of Canon DSLR I get asked how to do stuff that I can do with my crappy seven year old Nikon DSLR, thus proving it's not always the camera, but the knowledge behind it. I used to shoot on manual SLR's before digital and used to process my own film.

But am impressed with the growing capabilities of camera apps on cell phones.

Oh and the Nikon/Canon debate, when asked , I say Canon has always led in exposure systems and Nikon optics and general camera durability.

Thanks for the comments.. :) The 'crappy old Nikon' in question is a D50 and as you know sometimes you can snap 20-50 shots to get one good one, but in all honest the 'fly' was 2 shots and the water drop was 4 shots. Neither of them used a tripod, and I didn't even fanny-around with shutter speeds, of F-stops, they really were just point-and-shoot pics.

I won some photoshop software due to an inclusion in a recent edition of digital camera magazine, but it never arrived, so the images you see are the ones I took, completely unmolested, and untainted.

I'd love to play around with some fancy software, but £££ dictate not at the moment.

I've always been a canon man, in SLR guise (apart from a trining camera - Miranda) but when I went DSLR I just fancied trying Nikon as a change...

7611711678_048fea075f_c.jpg

7611742066_872e523391_c.jpg

Taken whilst recce'in the MacRetro National.

a lot of cracking photos so far, definitely some talented photographers on here ;)

heres a few of my faves shot over the past couple of years.

classic Norton on a track day at Mallory Park
4650447620_97f5e4659a_b.jpg

after a day in the snow in Brecon
5221492515_210a863783_b.jpg

beach, bbq, beer ;)
5589725451_7903c37117_b.jpg

the Arrows
5921265259_8d621ff568_b.jpg

Can't afford a DSLR or even a compact digital at the moment.

Took this one off my iPhone this evening.

Image quality isn't very good as it's been compressed somewhat, and I can't upload the file to the forum directly as I'm on my iPad.

6c8a284264eeff5d5df8bb0317253547.jpg

just checking to see if anyone is watching this thread :D

Attachments

• P1040583-2 - Copy.jpg
    P1040583-2 - Copy.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 619
Back