Who here can do a wheelie....???

I just remembered doing a huge wheelie on my bike when I was about 14. I was about 5'4" at the time and the bike was a road bike with cowhorn handlebars. It was roughly the right size for someone about 6'4"..... However I could wheelie for miles on it no problem, sitting or standing.

So obviously my foot slipped off the pedal.

Down onto two wheels, crotch bounced of the top tube bouncing me right over the bars. Result torn underpants, a lot of blood and walking like John Wayne for about a week.

How the hell did I forget such trauma?

All skills have their place on the trail.

If you enjoy it, do it.

Wheelies are very useful, especially on the motorbike they make girls' panties wet.

I am so macho.

Weird, but I find doing wheelies on a road bike to be so much easier.

gtRTSdh":33tp4btg said:
I could wheelie down the spiral type multi storey car park ramps. Wheelieing down hill sorts the men from the boys! Wheelieing around corners downhill was my 'thing'.

And wheeling the length of a ladder bridge over a gorge separates the aliens from the men. My buddy can wheelie anything, anywhere, for as long as he wants. I hate him.

brdgwheelie.jpg

I used to wheelie & coaster manual my XC bike (as well as doing stoppies every chance I got) up until a couple of years back when I switched to SPD. I just bottle it with my feet clipped in, so don't even try anymore.
If I take the BMX out though I'm constantly doing manuals every chance I get, but that's about the only trick I can do on the BMX :LOL:

Big Ecks the wheelie King of MacRetro, he can wheeli DH riggs such as his San Andreas :shock:

Where as I cant bunny hop a slug........poor slug :(

FMJ":2vg4ul3r said:
And wheeling the length of a ladder bridge over a gorge separates the aliens from the men. My buddy can wheelie anything, anywhere, for as long as he wants. I hate him.

I hate him too if it makes you feel any better.

Let me guess, he's clever, his Mrs is hot, and he earns a packet, w*****.

Back