Lance Armstrong

Where can he go from here?

Easy, no where. It's unfortunate that some just get a restricted path in their head about paths that the must take

Lance I feel will take this path.... He is no longer a competitive racer, he is banned from events that the governing body run, is unlikely to get many new sponsors but...

Those who believe in him still will, he is a multi multi millionare, still competes but for fun and health, live strong still will continue to do the good work it does

So I feel..not now being in the game, he no longer has to play by their rules or pander to their wishes so will just ignore the whole problem and let others worry were he will not.. a very much I'm done with you so I'm not playing your game any more

and as time passes, people will see the modern curse of..you have to answer..will pass and very much frustrate the usda who will on regular occasion try and bring it up again and again and make themselves look stupid as they continue to look at the past of the sport rather than how to make the future right

So I think Lance....will probably just keep his head down, not say too much let it die down and not worry too much to be honest

except that he is most probably going to be sued for millions by a lot of people .

Nike and Trek have said they stand by him , but if their sales drop because of him , then they will probably drop him .

he has pissed off a lot of people and it is going to be payback time .

and of course there is a chance he could be sued for perjury, which could send him to jail .

cchris2lou":30yzs4h4 said:
except that he is most probably going to be sued for millions by a lot of people .

Nike and Trek have said they stand by him , but if their sales drop because of him , then they will probably drop him .

and of course there is a chance he could be sued for perjury, which could send him to jail .

Has he committed perjury? In a "proper" court?

suburbanreuben":vws8dtv7 said:
cchris2lou":vws8dtv7 said:

Yep, in a case claiming sponsors cash.

Or not depending on your opinion of whether he knew team mates were doping, even if he wasn't.

suburbanreuben":2zls18j7 said:
cchris2lou":2zls18j7 said:

yep he was suing a sponsor for a few million $ , and under oath he said he never took doping products . they may want to recoup their millions and sue him back .

cchris2lou" Has he committed perjury? In a "proper" court?[/quote said:
yep he was suing a sponsor for a few million $ , and under oath he said he never took doping products . they may want to recoup their millions and sue him back .

Which would require them to prove he doped, when they claim he doped, and that they had lost financially (which I doubt) as a result.
Advantage Armstrong...

There is nothing I have heard or read that suggests he perjured himself since the SCA depositions, although I am not certain (or an expert on it, I just read it). He has not apparently contradicted himself under oath. From memory, the arbitration for the original case also found that the SCA contract had no clause that would avoid them paying him / or his team if he was found to have doped.

If he had possibly perjured himself whilst talking to the FDA, that is under seal and possibly wouldn't see the light of day unless it was released. The angle that SCA might take is that he lied under arbitration. Not entirely sure where that gets them, but he would likely be in trouble for lying under oath if that were proved to be the case. But, if the wins are removed from his palmares by dint of the UCI ratifying USADA findings, then they would probably argue that they didn't have to pay him for things he never won, hence, they would argue for the return of the payout, legal fees and interest.

The Sunday Times are looking at a similar action in regard to the libel action taken against them by Armstrong. They could potentially use corroborating testimony from the reasoned decision to counter it. The libel points and testimony would likely need to match for that to be successful.

Nothing is going to happen until UCI and WADA ratify this - they get 21 days each to consider it.

This joker wants everyone that testified against him to take a lie detector test..... he's funny!

I have my own message for the drugs cheat...

GIVE THE MONEY BACK AND THEN **** OFF!

al. :D

There may (just may) be a way out of this mess for the UCI: They can appeal.

No, not against the Armstrong lifetime ban, that is pretty-much nailed on. They could appeal against the "excessively lenient" sentences given to those cyclists who testified and were given discounted bans. They could then claim to have turned the corner and be fighting against doping in our sport.

I do not, however, expect this to happen whilst McQuaid is in charge.

Back