Brian Rourke - Knowledge needed! (most likely a carlton)

I think i'm going to line those lugs at some stage, they're nice and ornate.

It doesnt really matter that it's not a rourke, she didnt pay serious money for it, it's pretty light and well equipped and crucially she likes the way it handles, and isnt that the most important thing of all?

I think that frame has a lot of potential. It could look very nice indeed. Enjoy it!

The lugs are the same design as Lambert used on their frames in the late sixties and early seventies, although there are plenty of other details (including ironically the lack of a wrap over seat stay) that suggest it isn't a Lambert:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Britis ... _DBs_1.htm

The deep drop handelbars look a bit Lambert /Viscount as well - do they have a maker's stamp on them?

If you can check the seat post dimeter, it might be possible to take a stab at guessing what the frame's made from.

It's a handsome frame, and 23lbs is nothing to be ashamed of for a fully built up bike.

Bars are Sakae Road Champion

from memory the seatpost felt sort of 26-27ish. I have a few follow up works from the initial service i gave it to do, so it'll be back in my mancave before too much longer

Latest posts

Back