French Bike Dealerships

claret73

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Anybody have any recommendations for dealerships in France that are more aligned with High end bike sales. Or any sizeable chains? Not really Decathlon types...
Thanks.

Velo Oxygen, Monde du Velo, Veloland, Culture Velo.

Be prepared for incredible arrogance and to pay a lot more than in the UK.

Depending on the region you plan to visit, there may be local dealers that are worth making a trip to see. The high end tends to be the preserve of smaller independent dealerships, not national chains.

There are a couple of excellent Sunday bike jumbles coming up in the Paris region (Puiseaux and Baillet-en-France) in November. Drop me a PM if you'd like details.

Nice bikeshop near De Panne which is a stones throw from Dunkirk, its called Jochens Veldrom. I have been there, some nice bikes and parts. I understand there is another bike place (not Jochens) in Calais but never been to it, they are a Gitane Dealer and a few other things.

Jochens had a good selection of Bikes such as Colnago, Pinarello, and the stuff they were displaying was across all ranges, going upto the 7k€ and plus. don't think the exchange rate from £ to € is in our favour however.

That said, they had a lot more good parts off the shelf than many I have seen in the UK.

A good few places to eat or get food nearby, always worth a visit.

one-eyed_jim":1lyhr5fu said:
Depending on the region you plan to visit, there may be local dealers that are worth making a trip to see. The high end tends to be the preserve of smaller independent dealerships, not national chains.

Agreed, though Culture Velo sell Look and Time and some other not too shabby makes. But as One Eyed Jim stated there are some great shops doing great brands and deals. Some Internet research on where you're headed and its local shops could throw up some good options.

Back