Ebay - Items Ending Early Whinge

Robbied196":1y2s0uxx said:
I've not had that happen but its got to be down to being a lazy sh*t. The seller can set the listing to automatically decline offers they will not accept. If its not automatically declined then the seller should respond. If they don't their probably best avoided.

Absolutely, latest example is a guy listed some 661 knee pads (new) at £22 buy it now, and also had the 'make offer' option so I chucked an offer in of £20, this was left to expire after 48hrs and now the cheeky bugger has relisted them for £25. I'd rather pay the extra fiver to CRC and have somewhere to return them to if they proved faulty thanks!

If people want to save fees, why not list for your asking price plus the fees in a buy it now?

Hmmm. . .

My final question on this, those who buy items outside of ebay with an offer, do you use paypal gift or normal paypal payment?

Touche ;)

But your forgetting some of the people who use ebay. As an example a set of bar's £25 bin or £10 bid

Guy goes : "would you take £15 for them?"
Me: no hit the BIN or bid
guy: but if i bid i might not win.

or the guy who years ag offered me £10 for a yellow flite and then won it for £20 :roll:

Always cash if they are collecting.

Its not happened to me but I read there was a bit of a scam with paying through paypal, collecting the item, then reversing the paypal payment.

I only use pp gift for people I know.

If they are doing me a favour I will pay normal pp plus 4 percent to cover fees.

lewis1641":3fx986fg said:
How is a sniper unfair?

You bid the max you want to pay, a sniper does the same. Whoever pit the higher amount in is going to win. Can't see fairer than that.

As said in my opinion sniper is unfair, it's my opinion. I've often been the only bidder on something for 5 days and lo and behold at the very last second it jumps by 10p because snipers are designer to increment the price by the smallest amount at the last possible moment.
If I'm bidding on something I make sure I have the common decency to be at the computer when the bidding ends but you cannot compete with something like bidding software. Also I have been contacted by the winning bidder offering me the item for 20 quid more than the final price and often that same item appears a week or so later on the bay starting at the price it finished at. Wankers.

You can easily compete with a sniper, simply by entering a higher max bid than the sniper is set to. I lose out on loads of items because I set my max too low.

You know ebays system also bids for you? You enter your max and leave ebay to bid, very similar to a sniper really.

If you are bidding on an item with a 99p start bid and you are prepared to pay a Tenner. Do you bid 10 pounds or 1 pound (or whatever the minimum it is that you are allowed) if you bid the min despite being prepared to pay more then you are doing it wrong. If you bid a Tenner then you are then letting ebay do the bidding for you, similar to a sniper.

Back