dear moderators - classified split

dansim

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hi not to put anyone's nose out of joint but just been looking for complete bike for winter found it hard and annoying sifting through all the parts and what have you looking for a full bike is there anyway to get a complete bike section cheers for looking

My nose is out of joint already, so no worries. ;)

One way would be to look for brand names or years. That will limit the results to frames and complete bikes.
Personally I put "complete bike" in the topic title to make it easier, but many here don't because it limits their target audience.

The problem with a separate section would be that many sellers do consider splitting the bike if people are interested in the parts. If a seller decides to split, it would mean the topic needs to be moved.
Considering the amount of trading that goes on here and the rising interest in the 98+ bikes, I'm afraid that moving topics would become a part-time job over time.

Still, any reasonable suggestion is worth considering. I'm pretty sure the head admin will read this as well, and it's his call after all.

Thank you for listening like you say it would be another job to police it but as you say any idea is worth a try as i find these forum a better market place than that god awful place that's rips sellers off left right and centre lol

Probably more than any other forums I use ...RB is full of ambulance chasers just waiting to tear someone elses bike apart for the parts, so two sections probably would work elsewhere but unlikely to work well here

Make it easy on yourself; decide what bike you want and enter that in the search. It narrows things down considerably.

Just made a similar split in the road section as a trial. Let's see how it goes....

John,

If you do split, does that mean we'll need to weed through the current section and decide which topics get moved and which don't?

Raging_Bulls":8s5rlntu said:
John,

If you do split, does that mean we'll need to weed through the current section and decide which topics get moved and which don't?

I think only the first couple pages were checked through when the for sale/wanted split happened. Worked fine.
So no need.

Raging_Bulls":3qax2mkn said:
John,

I'd not worry about old threads too much. As you can see in the road section spent 10 minutes moving a few over but that would suffice.

Back