Scott Pro racing Max OR

Nice buy Foxy!

We had a discussion about this frame in one of threads in "Ebay Watch"

Mr clockd, owner of 91 Pro Racing is sure it in exactly this frame

I was searching my archive, and I think it could be also not showed in catalogue 91 Comp Racing (one guy from here send me in the past pics of this model - it was equipped in Suntour gruppo, Unishocks and Pedersen brakes) That's those picture:
http://retromtb.pl/na_www/compracing91.jpg

Here You have link to 91 catalogue
http://www.retromtb.pl/pdf/scott91.pdf

If You're thinking about restoration, I think You should ask Clockd aboud good quality pics od decals in his bike and send them to gil_m ;)

Looking forward to this build!

Foxychick":1ep0u4gm said:
Unishoxk look nice. , but how good are they ? Seem to Remember Scott recalled these models ?

Unsure on unishock fork at moment , like a rigid fork , clean lines , never seen carbon model , clearly need to do more research :)

I think they were a bit agricultural but they always seemed to work OK - a you say they look nice :cool: and if we are being truthful all sus forks from back then are rubbish :LOL:

Foxychick":1ep0u4gm said:
Also after looking at some of the beautiful bikes on here. , now thinking maybe campagnolo record but unsure how easy it would be to find all parts and at what cost , or maybe Shimano m900 but frame is little early perhaps ?

nevadasmith , thank you I had seen the bike previous to the strip and flip , unfortunately I was working so unable to bid on, I've managed to get the forks, seat and seatpost from the seller .little more than I would have liked to paid for frame, but think OR frame is worth what I paid.

It's a super frame and you'd pay £100's for a new equivalent :D

I'd go Suntour XC Pro with a set of Scott SE Canti's (like the ones GTSteve has for sale here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=220668.) XTR is a bit new for the frame.

Foxychick":25l6bkcl said:
Thank you Marci , does the model you show not a comp racing and is a ritchey logic tubeset model not Max OR tubes like mine ? was there two model of tubesets ?
I do not have an fully specyfication of 91 Comp - it could be build of Ritchey Tuber - it could be different betwen this and Pro Racing
I don't suppose they had two tubesets in one model

Unishoxk look nice. , but how good are they ? Seem to Remember Scott recalled these models ? L
Unishocks is very simply forks - coil spring or elastomers inside (depends of model) and thats all But even with col springs they're quite lightweight (around 1350g as I remember well)
Part of production was failed, but as I remember that was later ones with big uniscocks signature

Is cllockd a member here ?
yep :)

A poke you to get something started bump :)

Yes I love the 91 pro racing and will attempt to get pics of mine up, just need the time really, no idea about the paint it should be green and white.
Ditch the idea of the unishock they reeeeeaalllly suck even by retro standards.
Go rigid, I did in 1993 on that bike.
Maybe a mag21 not the 20 would be a better choice (it has dampening sort of)

It came out with m735 xt, Scott stem, ritchey force bar and seatpost. Avocet seat. Ritchey megabites and vantage rims, I always thought of it as a poor mans ritchey

Go to it

Back