attention to detail or slight case of OCD?

attention to detail or slight case of OCD?

• definitely the right thing to do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • what do you mean "SLIGHTLY"!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
.... well it seemed a good idea :idea: at the time. :LOL:

I fitted colour cordinated gear outer cables so that they match the bike frame, the idea being that the gear outer "disappears" from view.

..... now I am tempted to fit white brake hoses but not sure if I can justify sixty squidoombers for that.

Attachments

• DSC08238.JPG
    DSC08238.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 578
encouragment is not helping :twisted: .... £ 60+ purly for cosmetics.

those with sharp eyes will have spotted the gold headset spacers replaced by red ones, again cosmetics but £ 3.20 puts a smaller dent in the wallet.

£60 for some different colour brake lines ? I mean why are you even hesitating !? lol.
btw - some XTR cranks would look really nice on there. ;)

With all the grey and bare alu colour you have going on there, why not just go for steel braided hoses? If my bike wasn't all black to begin with, that's what I'd have done.

Oh, and seeing as you are currently using default lines (which were chosen to fit a certain budget), there is a chance that the new hose is stronger/better, which would give the brakes a more direct feel.
So think of it as a general improvement rather than a cosmetic thing.

the hose is formula for r1 brakes so should be pretty good.

IMO braided hose for mtb is a solution for a problem I don't think exists - not having tried braided hose, I don't know what I am missing but i have hydraulic brakes from formula, shimano, avid, hayes and magura and I can't I fault them.

the downside of braided is the weight and i'm aiming at sub 9.5 kg.

well, now that you're halfway there and have already changed the gear outers to white you might as well go the whole hog and change the brake lines to white as well, otherwise I suspect that although the white gear outers mask the cables going into the frame they look a little odd at the handlebar end when contrasted with the regular brake lines.

So I say spend the £60 and let it be a lesson to you, vanity is all consuming and once started you must always complete the job :LOL: ;)

Back