Corneal injury

I collected a branch in the eye at the 'Harriers verses Cyclists' race last November & got a nicely scratched cornea.

It felt like I'd been punched, but was just a 'sporting incident' - 2 seconds earlier, or later, & I'd probably have been okay

I had been hoping for a good run as well, hence I have a score to settle this year (want a '45 minute' time, so got to knock 2 minutes off my 'PB')
http://www.bingleyharriers.co.uk/html/h
_v_cyclists/hvc.htm

had 22 metel filings in both eyes , most removed with a hypodermic needle , some still in there , worst part ..................

having the rust "polished" out with a tiny nylon filament brush in a mini dremel . fekin agony !!!

was 33% blind in the one eye anyway , its about 66% now ;) (not a wink but how i see now) :LOL:

eyes !!! i could tell some stories , ever had your muscle tone behind the eye tested , involves little sucker cup attached to your eyeball , tension and the feeling you eyes comin out :shock:

Pyro Tim":xvls3kf6 said:
he wasn't so lucky and now looks like a pirate

To be fair, he doesn't strictly need to carry that parrot around.

Scary stuff eye injuries.

Luckily they know what they are doing nowadays, they really can work miracles. My old man had a dart in the eye at eight and lost around 90% vision in that eye until corrective surgery fifty odd years later restored it to less than 30% loss.

On the other hand my cousin lost his eye whilst strimming despite wearing full safety kit, so even when kitted out take nothing for granted.

They would have given drops for the irritation, you can supplement with saline drops for comfort.

SLIM":hlnj9shj said:
had 22 metel filings in both eyes , most removed with a hypodermic needle , some still in there , worst part ..................

having the rust "polished" out with a tiny nylon filament brush in a mini dremel . fekin agony !!!

was 33% blind in the one eye anyway , its about 66% now ;) (not a wink but how i see now) :LOL:

eyes !!! i could tell some stories , ever had your muscle tone behind the eye tested , involves little sucker cup attached to your eyeball , tension and the feeling you eyes comin out :shock:

The pain was something I wasn't expecting...every so often the muscle in my left iris spasmed leaving me extremely tense and stressed which of course brought on the next 'twitch'. It's been a week now so I can just feel the muscle contract if I strain my eyes or they're tired...

Back