The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giant Coldrock...whats it worth?

Thanks for the advice drystonepaul...

Reposted, slightly edited from MTB chat -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be gentle...first post here, directed to your site by a (young) MTB daft mate.

I have a Giant Coldrock...had it since about 1990? It used to be used on a regular basis, but was 'garaged' when the chain started to jump off occasionally (I am no bike expert!) I bought another bike & the Coldrock has sat in my nice dry garage since.

Question is...is it worth anything to anybody?

I reckon it's probably too good to skip & feels like it would be a sin to do so!

Any suggestions welcome...including those I might not want to hear :cry:

I have one pic, which I've hopefully managed to post here, but can get others if required. Also if you want any specific info let me know & I'll try to oblige !

Hi, completely new to the forum so please forgive any newbie mistakes.

Just came into possession of a Marin Rift Zone 1997 model and would like to know a potential value. No access to a camera at the moment stupidly.

Took it to a bike shop for a quick checkover and was told it was in 'mint condition', as it has been practically unridden for almost 15 years. All parts are completely original and full working order, original grips are barely worn in.

Did have a quick look with the forum search tool but only found one sale of it which isn't too accurate a way to value it. Post replies if interested in buying the bike or if pictures are required, i'll do my best to obtain them.

Thanks guys, sorry if this is the wrong topic etc

Arthur

marin-rift-zone.jpg
Identical to this.

Thinking of splitting my bike gt lts 3 just seeing how much she is roughly worth i do however have a slightly bigger identical frame for spares etc also which i bought of adastra
This is for the frames only i will keep the bits off her
first pic my bike
second/third pic pics of the bike frame from adastra with the broken piece on it

I am pretty positive my bike is an 18" but could measure it properly if anyone interested in it and will list it in the for sale section if i decide to sell it

cheers and thanks for your time
Marc

Attachments

• sv200756_143.jpg
    sv200756_143.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,229
  • sv200727_736.jpg
    sv200727_736.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,229
  • dscn0371_379.jpg
    dscn0371_379.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,229
Re: Manitou Hardtail 93

surreyfox":1lpo7tnd said:
Hi

I have posted my Manitou Hardtail for sale here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=221773

I didn't know how much to ask for. Could you give me an idea please. Would I be better of stripping it down?

Would really appreciate your thoughts

without a crack £800 the complete bike with the crack frame £50 parts probably around £250-£300 as those forks are probably £70-£90 on there own depending on condition if you sold them individually

If i was you id get the frame repaired properly then ride and enjoy it mate ;)

I have two frames mate the first pic is how she is now and the second third pic is the second frame. And on the second frame the crack in the rear pivot which is easily replaced am told. Made the bike up and just been told i cant ride for a year with my frozen shoulder dodgy wrists etc and dont know if i could bare to see her in the stand everytime i go in the shed

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Marc

If the worst comes to the worst I may have to sell my Kona.....

p4pb5581197.jpg

17" 2004 (I think it was?) Kona Lavadome in Fat Chance Team Lavender to blue sky, RS Judy SL LT forks painted to match with custom TF Tuned internals.
Ringle Zooka
Ringle Slamma Jamma
Modern XT shifters with Gore ride On cables
Oury grips
Ringle Moby
Flite saddle
Ringle/Kona seat clamp
Ringle H2O
Race Face Turbine LP cranks (not the CBR's as in the photo)
Middleburn rings
XTR M900 front mech
Modern XT rear mech
Ringle hubs laced to Mavic D521 rims
Real brake levers with Gore Ride-On cables
Ringle skewers
XT Bottom Bracket
Maxxis tyres
Cog hog
(No pedals and no cantis as I will be keeping the Brooklyn Machine Works kit).

What sort of price do you think I'd get for it all? Most of it is still nearly new and was NOS when it went onto the bike.

Rift Zone

I would guess anywhere between 120 - 150 going by the valuation of that Mount Vision at the top of the thread: both came out the same year and the Mt Vision was about twice the price of the Rift Zone.

ArthVader":2zu3t4uo said:
Hi, completely new to the forum so please forgive any newbie mistakes.

Just came into possession of a Marin Rift Zone 1997 model and would like to know a potential value. No access to a camera at the moment stupidly.

Took it to a bike shop for a quick checkover and was told it was in 'mint condition', as it has been practically unridden for almost 15 years. All parts are completely original and full working order, original grips are barely worn in.

Did have a quick look with the forum search tool but only found one sale of it which isn't too accurate a way to value it. Post replies if interested in buying the bike or if pictures are required, i'll do my best to obtain them.

Thanks guys, sorry if this is the wrong topic etc

Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back