Brompton's...

I wouldn't cream :oops: or caress the welds like a sought after ti~fat, but man the smile on my face after riding up my street when i got home, with those (well to me new to me) dyno light jobbies was a hoot...just so far off the radar for me, its refreshing enjoyable.

is there a place for a tad of gimmy retro nonsence, got a bit stashed... :LOL: or even a brooks front mud flap.

I have to admit I love the color. The Brompton's I have ridden were black, black, black.

Gives it a little more of a retro look.

Very nice indeed, and I do think you need a front flap.

So, do you commute by train?

:)

Good buy. Do not limit your riding. I've used mine all over, i travel by train and the Brompton comes with me. Canal and off road cycle paths really seem to suit it. It really surprises all those you pass. The mean city streets are a hoot agile and narrow for playing with traffic.

Mine is similar spec to yours except mine has the S type straight bar which gives a lower sportier feel. They are available to retrofit. The lights are surprisingly good, the rear stays on for traffic lights and the front is good enough for when there are no street lights.

Enjoy.

As much as Brompton's make logical practical sense, they've never really been a genuine contender for my garage as they just lack....the fun. Where's the joy or desirability in something so small and, dare I say, hijacked by the Richmond to EC2 hi viz accountant set?! I guess they're perfect to stick behind the seat on a commuter train, though I urge everyone who considers purchasing one to genuinely consider whether the size of the tiny and admirable fold factor is important?

I long coveted an Airnimal prior to my acquisition of a cheap one second hand last year (that I've achingly tried to look even a little vintagey!). I've recently jumped back in the saddle and it's simply an amazing ride. I have misgivings about it's size (at 6'3 I'm sadly pushing it even on the large frame), though I don't know of any other bike that makes me smile with it's handling and acceleration!

Brompton

Hi Just thought I'd say I helped design and make the wheel tensioning/truing fixture for the earlier wheels which are all built locally by a friend of mine , Not a lot of help I know,
Cheers Kit :)

Back