Four cyclists killed and the driver keeps his licence!

to be honest I think it was an accident . police clearly said tyres had nothing to do with the accident .

I dont think a prison sentence would have been fair either .

A longer removal of his license and a lot of community work would have been better .

That is also why I hate riding my road bike in this country . even quiet lanes are dangerous , no visibility at all with all the edges .

drivers these days just don't seem to think that anyone else on the road matters - cyclists, motorbikers, horse riders, they're all fair game... :evil:

my other half hates having to take our horses on the road, even if it's just for 50m to get to another bridleway, because drivers just don't slow down enough or give enough room, and I get the same on the bike as well...

I think re-education is needed...

I agree that "accidents" do happen, - the guy has to live with the consequences now which can't be easy.

As for re-education, the only way which would work is harsher penalties surely? Who really pays attention to ad' campaigns?

It's safer off-road, that's for sure.

Road to hell...

Agree that riding off road is safer.

As a keen driver and a cyclist I feel that neither camp do anything to enhance each other's opinion of one another.
Speeding kerb hugging drivers and gangs of 3 abreast rodies alike.

Personally I am very careful in traffic to be as conspicuous as possible, as for 'open' roads then as well as due care and good luck the only other thing is to assume that every one else is a homocidal moron, sad but true.

Sad to hear about any one dying 'needlessly' tho.

Latest posts

Back