mikeyb":3me1ujqr said:
Many thanks for all the feedback and advice gents :D

No sign of similar looking Bontrager forks as far as I can see, but the eBay seller says "I'm a pretty big Bontrager fanboy, I have or had a Race, Race Light, Ti Lite, & Road Lite. And I have had 3 other switchblades. Two of them were exactly like the one I sold you. This fork also matches up with other Bontrager owners switchblades that I know locally. I have been to the Santa Cruz workshop when it was still open and they told me there were numerous variations of the switchblade."

Nonsense or ?

For now the RockShox are back on and I've learned to better research before purchasing!! :oops:
looks like a tange

whats the name of the seller?

do you have a picture of the forks without the brakes on?

first tip off is the word switchblade. but its become so common place to hear people call them that its probably an honest mistake

here are a few variations I own not on bikes. there's a few different color combos for the bonded comp(and leg wall thickness) but I've never seen a variation like the one in your pic.
forksss004.jpg
the curvy one has the earlier "chunky" crown

notice the top of the crown above the leg. its the same for the bonded comp, the hole for the leg is just bigger
rcfork009-1.jpg

dealer tool kit
image0-1.jpg

image3-1.jpg

image2-1.jpg

image1-1.jpg

there is a cross crown that isn't slash cut on the top. but it only has 2 bolts
switchblade001.jpg

there's 1 missing crown variation for mtn comps in my forks above, and the one in your pic ain't it. and then of course are all the different brazed variations, and the levels of finishing. I got a crap ton more, but you probably get the point

hollister":3vhhjyqb said:
...but you probably get the point

Thanks a million for all this info. hollister, that really is appreciated!!

I'm now 100% convinced that these are not Bonty forks so I'll be working something out with the seller. Cheers! :D

Back