Daily Fail Report On Cyclists

highlandsflyer":f324382i said:
dyna-ti":f324382i said:
I think she should try looking before crossing next time.Pedestrian/zebra doesnt matter,its good sense to look and sorry to say but this old lady doesnt appear to have any.
Nor do the cyclists that keep riding into her.

I can't seem to find the bit where it says she did not look.

Doesnt need to.
Cyclists DO NOT travel at light speed.I mean how long does it take the average rider to cover so much distance that would give LOL[little old lady] a chance to get clear.
If the cyclist is riding into her how far away must they be as she steps off the pavement.? By the sounds of it they must only be within 30 or 40 feet so how hard is it to see a cyclist 40 feet away

London traffic? Cyclists are frequently travelling twice as fast as anyone else.

Are we suggesting pedestrians should wait for any traffic still moving to halt? How can they see cyclists threading through behind the stationary cars? Do we need to place large monitors at the crossing, with aerial cameras to allow the pedestrian to view all approaching traffic, (especially those idiots flying up between buses/lorries and the like)?

Would it not be simpler for traffic to obey the existing law?

Bottom line is the cyclist going through a red light it responsible. Every time.

It takes a car or bike travelling 15 mph a couple of seconds to travel forty feet.

It takes a pedestrian walking at 1 mph over ten seconds to cross a narrow two way road.

So they are supposed to anticipate a cyclist two hundred feet away before setting off when they have a green light?

It really would be easier for cyclists to behave reasonably, and within the law.

Or rightly face the consequences.

Since cycling became the thing to do this last year or so I cringe on a daily basis at the amount of bad/irresponsible riding I see every day. I admit I will go through a red if it is late at night and there is no traffic or pedestrians around as I can't be arsed sitting waiting for it to change but there are a lot out there think it is their right. The one which really boils my pish is people going through reds and then weaving their way through people crossing on a green man.

I hear you. Every time I ride in town, I am amazed at all the gits who go past me and over the crossing while the green is still on.

I don't know anymore than anyone else, but the initial incident mentioned in the newspaper article might have involved one of these idiots.

Perhaps we need to have crossings with barriers?

:)

If everyone obeyed the road laws would we half a fraction of the problems we have on the roads ?

But car drivers, they can't win, they drive in accordance with the road laws and they get hassled by the plod who think they are driving under the influence, I had that recently, searched for drugs and all sorts when the breathalyser proved negative, as the young plod concerned refused to believe driving in accordance with the highway code, some actually do it as they believe it is the right way to drive.

But road use standards have taken a massive dive over the years as everyone just has to rush.

And cyclists every one I see is just as bad.

Like most things you have to apply fuzzy logic.

The hierarchy is clear.

We all need to watch out, but the imminent punishment depends on the vehicle we are in relative to the terrain or the other traffic.

Back