2009 Formula The One Brakes - any experiences?

I'll keep an eye out for some second hand Formulas and if anything crops up for right price I'll snap them up, if not XT'S it is.

Someone has sent me a PM with a link to some discounted Formula brakes and a pair of 2010 Megas work out pretty damn cheap with big rotors. They're fairly simple things, but I've never fiddle with the reach adjuster button on my Hayes since I found the position I liked. And it rattles, so it's one less thing to go wrong.

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions...

Just wondering...
No one has Maguras on their list; has anyone tried them?
When it comes to rim brakes, folk get priapic at the very mention, but when it comes to discs, they're like Duh? wha?

suburbanreuben":3g06n4p9 said:
Just wondering...
No one has Maguras on their list; has anyone tried them?
When it comes to rim brakes, folk get priapic at the very mention, but when it comes to discs, they're like Duh? wha?

I've never used them but they seem quite popular but aren't a brake that people get very excited about. There don't seem to be that many deals on them either so are more expensive than the other brakes on the shortlist.

I've got some older (2006) maguras on one of my bikes and they're ok, but not great. Nice enough feel but not a huge amount of power. I'd be interested to try the new ones though.

Back