Cycling in Sri Lanka!

v12jat

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Alright Chaps,

Some advice needed! I'm going to Sri Lanka in October for 2 weeks, I fancy doing a bit of riding whilst over there primarily for training, as 1. the final round of the Hope XC at lee quarry is the day after i get back... :roll: 2. Mrs T Is pregnant, so any trips involving Jeeps/Boats/lengthy coach rides are out of the question!!!

Has anyone been before and done any cycling over there? I'm staying in Kalatura, has anyone got links to anywhere that does MTB trips or somethig along those lines?

Advice appreciated!

I have been there but not on a bike, my memories are of crazy drivers, lorries and coaches regularly going off ravines, cars being forced into ditches and vey little regard shown for human life by car/coach/lorry drivers in general.

the place is riddled with tuck tucks though which seem to get by ok, lots of motorbikes again driven scarily and without hemets.

seem to remember lots of push bikes in the cities.

It is a beautiful country, wonderful people, but very third world and poverty ridden.

perhaps not the most bike friendly place i have been

You must be mental,i have been,and it is crazy.the most lasting memory was going round a bend 3 abreast in a car,on the wrong side of the road

Back