Rugby

this makes me wince :shock:

old_coyote_pedaller":1dze4jvy said:
It's not surprising that the Jap's eye on a rugby ball is much the same as the Jap's eye on a fitba'.

The real muppets are those twats in the SRU who let the useless Andy Robinson keep his job despite our worst ever world cup performance and Six nations whitewash. :evil: :evil:

He didn't even have the honour to fall on his sword Like Johnson did. The man is truly a useless waste of space. :evil: :evil: :evil:

firedfromthecircus":48cf2f36 said:
The real muppets are those twats in the SRU who let the useless Andy Robinson keep his job despite our worst ever world cup performance and Six nations whitewash. :evil: :evil:

He didn't even have the honour to fall on his sword Like Johnson did. The man is truly a useless waste of space. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Got to agree with that.
Can still remember with disbelief, WTF!!!!, the talk of appointing him to the job prior to him getting it.
FFS the guy was the coach of England, with all the players and resources they have at their disposal and he couldn't get them to play winning rugby. His dogged persistence in playing Dan effin Parks, a hide and seek champion, at stand-off, when it was blindingly obvious to everybody else that he was shite, proved he knew eff all about coaching.
The SRU are even bigger twats because they gave him a new contract before the World Cup. They should have told him "do well at WC and then we'll extend your contract", plenty of incentive to do his job.
Now they can't sack him without it costing them money, money they can't afford.

Realistically though would getting rid of our present coach improve the side to any meaningful level. The players are the folk actually playing the game and not doing it very well as is evident :?

velomaniac":yafs6d3v said:
Realistically though would getting rid of our present coach improve the side to any meaningful level. The players are the folk actually playing the game and not doing it very well as is evident :?

Scotland is a small country and Rugby is not our national sport, so our talent pool has always been smaller than that of the other rugby nations. In the previous years when Scotland have punched above their weight it has been because the team that formed were talented, but were also prepared to give everything for the jersey. The Grand Slam teams of '84 and '90 are perfect examples. I don't believe it is possible for an Englishman to strike the fire in the bellies that is required to push a Scottish team beyond their normal limits. Especially not when playing against England. To be able to evoke the 'Bannockburn spirit', you need to be able to understand it. That is one issue.

The next issue involves his continued selection of certain players who do not deserve to wear the jersey for one reason or another, and I am not just talking about Parks.

As has been mentioned before, he was not good enough to manage a World cup winning England side, with all the resources they have, so how can he be expected to work miracles with Scotland?

Give Craig Chalmers the job and I guarantee that you would see a very different Scotland team every match day. They might not always win, but you would see a team that you could have a bit of pride in supporting as they would play with heart!

Talking about rugby, any of you guys going to the 6 nations Sco v Wal next March?

Me & Mrs Willi are venturing across the border for our bi-annual pilgrimage to Murrayfield and the Edinburgh pubs :p

Always a good atmosphere even if the Scots get a spanking.

I usually try to get to one of the matches but recent years I've missed them, I will make the effort this year to at least get to a pub in edinburgh.

I sort of got out of the habit of going to Murrayfield, it was costing too much for what I was watching on pitch.
The last game I was at was Cardiff 2008 with my club on tour.
Nothing beats that for a prolonged piss up, which included us playing one game, and then going to international game in best stadium in UK. Except maybe Cardiff 2006. :roll:

Back