Time for another moan

FSR-Si":1ooqw0bz said:
If you want bad service try winstanleys in wigan, a few years ago i went in to buy a zaskar from from them, i turned up with 1k in my pocket to buy it and was told they were to busy to get one out for me and that if i came back on wednesday they'ed try and get one out, this was on the monday. I pulled the cash out of my pocket and told the guy i was there to buy it that day, i then said if he got me one out i'd take it away boxed, his reply was come back in 2hrs and he'll see what he could do, i just walked away in the end.

That's Pretty :shock:

And they say bike shops aren't earning any money? Must be earning enough to turn down 1k in cash across the counter...

some do earn it. personally had good experience with Evans in the Cut when looking for new MTB for Mrs. She's 5 ft and needed v small frame. Went, tried out a few over a wide price range. We were there several hours and in the time they dragged several out of store, put together one from scratch and then finally ordered another to build for her to have final try at the price she was comfortable with. Probably 4 man hours of work on one sale. After that was happy to buy in store rather than walk away, buy on internet and then complain in few years how all shops gone bust.

daj":1ekgokmj said:
the big store was cycle surgery in Exeter which I was Really peeved about as the advertising is pretty misleading :?

The other I cant remember the name but was in redruth they did seem nice enough but why advertise as a main dealer without even a bike there to see?

You were so close to bike shed in Exeter city centre, tons of everthing in stock.

http://www.bikesheduk.com/contact-us/exeter-store

Back